Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Jota, Ince, Solly March, Ibe, Piazon, Gilmour

If we had money all of those options would be great, although I'm not convinced about Ince, but if we got the one we sold then it's a Yes.

We say the same every year, but providing we dont get a deduction, next season is a great year to go for it and players like the ones you have listed would be perfect.

If I could only choose 2, I'd go for Jota and Piazon.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Some options from Tifo Football, 

Jamal Lowe

Naby Sarr (free agent) 

Jamal Blackman

Fabian de Keijzer

Matia Sarkic (loan) 

Was going to ask about this, thanks for sharing. Couple of new(ish) names, but whether we could actually get any of them is another matter. Our financial situation is such an unknown, which is how the club like it but makes it hard to make any sort of feasible prediction. At least the positions that they’ve looked at make sense and are what many fans think our biggest needs are!

Whilst the most frustrating type of player Stoke want Tom Ince to leave either by loan or permanent transfer, we were the last club where he was actually decent and we still seem to be playing 433 with Cocu and it’s basically the only formation he does well in, now I am sure we cannot afford a permanent transfer but if Stoke heavily subsidised a loan then I think we should be interested? What do people think? ( before he joins Bournemouth or Watford )

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst the most frustrating type of player Stoke want Tom Ince to leave either by loan or permanent transfer, we were the last club where he was actually decent and we still seem to be playing 433 with Cocu and it’s basically the only formation he does well in, now I am sure we cannot afford a permanent transfer but if Stoke heavily subsidised a loan then I think we should be interested? What do people think? ( before he joins Bournemouth or Watford )

I would take him back in a heart beat. just needs confidence and a arm round him and can be class at champ level 

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We play 4231, have done all season. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Rather similar wouldn’t you say ?

No. There is another player in that central position that Ince likes to drift into and you are under more pressure to help out defensively.  

47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Liked him in his first stint and didn’t get the lazy tag he got lumbered with.

That said I don’t think I’d have him back primarily down to cost, he’d be expensive wagewise even without a fee. 

Secondly im not sure he’s the type of wide player we are after. I think/hope we are looking for a direct, aggressive, player with pace.

If I was to suggest any other 28 year old 'winger' who's failed to impress at multiple clubs, never beats his man on the outside, never crosses it, doesn't have the vision to see players in better positions, shoots from stupid angles and has a recent recording 3 goals and 2 assists in over 60 appearances, or 9 goals from his last 168 shots you'd quite rightfully tell me where to go.

His purple patch has long passed, Move on!

25 minutes ago, Coconut said:

If I was to suggest any other 28 year old 'winger' who's failed to impress at multiple clubs, never beats his man on the outside, never crosses it, doesn't have the vision to see players in better positions, shoots from stupid angles and has a recent recording 3 goals and 2 assists in over 60 appearances, or 9 goals from his last 168 shots you'd quite rightfully tell me where to go.

His purple patch has long passed, Move on!

If it is Ince you are referring to remind us of his stats for the Rams....then tell me the last wide Rams player who comes anywhere close in recent times ?

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Liked him in his first stint and didn’t get the lazy tag he got lumbered with.

That said I don’t think I’d have him back primarily down to cost, he’d be expensive wagewise even without a fee. 

Secondly im not sure he’s the type of wide player we are after. I think/hope we are looking for a direct, aggressive, player with pace.

I did say if it was affordable to us should we take him? 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

He can change a game. He can be apathetic in the Lawrence fashion, but has far more to back it up. i'd have him back here for the season no doubt. Much better than what we have out wide .

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst the most frustrating type of player Stoke want Tom Ince to leave either by loan or permanent transfer, we were the last club where he was actually decent and we still seem to be playing 433 with their best and it’s basically the only formation he does well in, now I am sure we cannot afford a permanent transfer but if Stoke heavily subsidised a loan then I think we should be interested? What do people think? ( before he joins Bournemouth or Watford )

Yes please certain players are only successful at certain clubs Tom and Derby seem to suit each other football is littered by players who were great at one club got a move and it never happened for them. They go back to the club and suddenly they recover their form Tom is a match-winner and would love being around young Rooney.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If it is Ince you are referring to remind us of his stats for the Rams....then tell me the last wide Rams player who comes anywhere close in recent times ?

...and then you tell me how they're in any way relevant to Derby County in 2020 under Philip Cocu?

If you don't make yourself Tom Ince FC then you'll get very little out of him, as pretty much every other club aside from us and Blackpool has found out. It's been proven time, and time, and time again but people don't take any notice of that because "...look how many goals he scored here!"

Yeah, great, good for him! I'm glad that all the time we spent prioritising the career of Tom Ince and getting his stats boosted so he could make yet another failed Premier League move was worth the effort. He's clearly thriving now and showing us all what a great player he really is. Surely? He's "Too good for The Championship" after all?

Don't make me laugh. He's an average Championship second striker (for that's where his skill really lies, not on the wing) who needs everything built around him to perform, but unlike Chrs Martin getting the best out of him doesn't result in you getting the best out of others too.

Look how many goals Jordan Rhodes scores (well, used to score), was anyone a better team for his inclusion? Nope, regardless of whatever numbers he got from an individual perspective. I know Wassall managed to get a tune out of Ince without sacrificing the rest of the squad's performances as a result, but that was a minor miracle, and it hasn't been achieved by any other manager before or since.

If you want a team as good as the 2013/14 & first half of 2014/15 Derby County the you use a player like Ince sparingly, someone to supplement the rest of the squad, to mainly use as an impact sub when the main approach of passing the opposition to death with your team play isn't working. It's how we used Bamford and its how we used Ibe, both to great effect.

Switch that around so you build the team's play  around the player who "provides something different" and slowly slowly it'll start to go wrong. It happened here and I'd hate for it to happen aagain

We're building something good here, the LAST player we need to sign is Tom Bloody Ince, and his statistics over 3 seasons ago mean diddly squat.

As @sage once said "Ince, Ince will tear us apart again"

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

...and then you tell me how they're in any way relevant to Derby County in 2020 under Philip Cocu?

If you don't make yourself Tom Ince FC then you'll get very little out of him, as pretty much every other club aside from us and Blackpool has found out. It's been proven time, and time, and time again but people don't take any notice of that because "...look how many goals he scored here!"

Yeah, great, good for him! I'm glad that all the time we spent prioritising the career of Tom Ince and getting his stats boosted so he could make yet another failed Premier League move was worth the effort. He's clearly thriving now and showing us all what a great player he really is. Surely? He's "Too good for The Championship" after all?

Don't make me laugh. He's an average Championship second striker (for that's where his skill really lies, not on the wing) who needs everything built around him to perform, but unlike Chrs Martin getting the best out of him doesn't result in you getting the best out of others too.

Look how many goals Jordan Rhodes scores (well, used to score), was anyone a better team for his inclusion? Nope, regardless of whatever numbers he got from an individual perspective. I know Wassall managed to get a tune out of Ince without sacrificing the rest of the squad's performances as a result, but that was a minor miracle, and it hasn't been achieved by any other manager before or since.

If you want a team as good as the 2013/14 & first half of 2014/15 Derby County the you use a player like Ince sparingly, someone to supplement the rest of the squad, to mainly use as an impact sub when the main approach of passing the opposition to death with your team play isn't working. It's how we used Bamford and its how we used Ibe, both to great effect.

Switch that around so you build the team's play  around the player who "provides something different" and slowly slowly it'll start to go wrong. It happened here and I'd hate for it to happen aagain

We're building something good here, the LAST player we need to sign is Tom Bloody Ince, and his statistics over 3 seasons ago mean diddly squat.

A rant of Alpha proportions... and i agree with most of it. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He played for us 3 years ago. A lot can change in that period of time. 
Harry Wilson did alright last year... scoring more than Ince’s best season with us. 

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

As @sage once said "Ince, Ince will tear us apart again"

What were his stats again ?

Archived