Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ejaria from Liverpool would be decent, deal to Reading not been made permanent yet

Reading were obliged to buy him under the terms of the loan, presumably to take the cost into another financial year. As it has not been announced yet, it suggests Reading may be looking to wriggle out of this. Would be delighted to see him at Derby. 

19 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Mike Van der Hoorn has been released by Swansea.

Would definitely take him. Especially on a free. 

I'm assuming he's left of his own volition, possibly for a return home or to a different country? A quick Twitter seems to suggest it was down to wage demands. 

He's been consistently one of the better defenders at this level for the past two years. I would like this signing: it would be an easy solution to problem, can play out from the back, extremely dominant in the air. It's a yes from me. 

26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Jordi De Wijs could be a relatively cheap CB option with Hull being relegated. Was at PSV when Cocu was there. Pretty sure he can play left centre back too.

I hope not. He captained a side that was demolished 8-0 and then was dropped from the team. In fact, in his last 7 games for Hull, they conceded 20 goals. I don't see much of an upside here - he couldn't get in the PSV team under Cocu either. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I hope not. He captained a side that was demolished 8-0 and then was dropped from the team. In fact, in his last 7 games for Hull, they conceded 20 goals. I don't see much of an upside here - he couldn't get in the PSV team under Cocu either. 

Pretty sure in the 8-0 loss there were 10 other players on the pitch who contributed to the loss. We signed Carson & Keogh from relegated teams, they both turned out alright.

Would you not sign anyone from the Southampton team that lost 9-0 then? Their captain that night was Hojberg who is set to join Spurs for 15m.

At PSV he was 19-23 whilst there, he was behind Mirin (who we have also been linked to), Koch, Bruma & Moreno so not going to get much chance so was loaned out.

59 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Bit of an arbitrary judgement

The general opinion is he took a season to settle in, but this season he's been their best and most important player in a number of games.

Up to the end of February they'd conceded 35 goals in 28 games he'd played in, so about md-table in terms of goals against.

He missed 6 games in Jan/Feb, they conceded 15 goals, lost 4 and drew 2 of them. The next 2 games he missed they lost 5-1 (to Stoke!) and 4-0 (to Leeds).

Injuries do seem to be a problem for him.

In January they sold Grosicki & Bowen so lost all of their attacking threat, their games turned largely into attack vs defence as a result. That he made more clearances than any other player in the league might back that up, although it could indicate that he isn't so comfortable getting the ball under control; without watching the games it's hard to tell.

Their captain (Lichaj) and vice-captain (Irvine) both left the club / refused to play, leaving them in the lurch - yes he stepped in and it didn't go well, but that shouldn't be the measure of him as a player when the entire club was in freefall both pre and post-lockdown

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/hull-captain-jordy-de-wijs-4365855

He's only 25 so there's a lot of time left for him to improve further.

I'm not saying it's a definite yes from me, but I'm sure we could do worse, I wouldn't be against it.

Van der Hoorn is a fantastic option if we could agree wages.

Marc Guehi would be a good option on loan but a permanent signing will be more critical for our long term success.

I’d like to see us start looking abroad much more for affordable, young, foreign talent. Daishawn Redan is highly promising and might look to boost his game time. His record for the Netherlands youth teams is terrific.

26 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Van der Hoorn is a fantastic option if we could agree wages.

Marc Guehi would be a good option on loan but a permanent signing will be more critical for our long term success.

I’d like to see us start looking abroad much more for affordable, young, foreign talent. Daishawn Redan is highly promising and might look to boost his game time. His record for the Netherlands youth teams is terrific.

Better going for Mike Eerdhuijzen. He’s left sided. 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm assuming he's left of his own volition, possibly for a return home or to a different country? A quick Twitter seems to suggest it was down to wage demands. 

He's been consistently one of the better defenders at this level for the past two years. I would like this signing: it would be an easy solution to problem, can play out from the back, extremely dominant in the air. It's a yes from me. 

Excellent player but he has just left Swansea for the same reason as Martin left us - offered a reduced contract 

who knows what we can afford but it certainly isn’t t what clubs with parachute payments can 

On 03/08/2020 at 19:49, kingsy1884 said:

Not sure any of us know the budget. 

We made one of our record signings last year. That was surprising as I too thought we were broke.

We mainly break even on transfers these days. Lampard leaving gave us some compensation to spend.

Archived