Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

21 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wonder if we might take a look at Lawrence Shankland at Dundee United over the next couple of weeks.  Prolific in the Scottish Championship (29 in 35 games), so should be interesting to see how he steps up as the SPL restarts.  He scored in all three cup games that Dundee played against SPL opposition so you'd think he could make it.

Anyway, 6'1" tall, pacy and prolific.  With Scottish football under severe financial pressure there could be a Vardyesque bargain to be had for someone?

He'd  be a real gamble. Probobly cost +1m, and he's not played in the SPL yet. 

United dont have to sell unless a silly offer comes in. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wonder if we might take a look at Lawrence Shankland at Dundee United over the next couple of weeks.  Prolific in the Scottish Championship (29 in 35 games), so should be interesting to see how he steps up as the SPL restarts.  He scored in all three cup games that Dundee played against SPL opposition so you'd think he could make it.

Anyway, 6'1" tall, pacy and prolific.  With Scottish football under severe financial pressure there could be a Vardyesque bargain to be had for someone?

I am 54 with a paunch and bad back...but would still back myself to knock in a few in that League....lower than the National League here....

22 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Forest linked. £3m fee suggested by Dundee Utd.

If we want a young centre back to develop.....

Josh earl - preston

Left sided centre back, in the same mould as Fozzy but 10 years younger. Only 12 months left on his contract. 

On 01/08/2020 at 17:58, Will Hughes Hair said:

Mel placed 81 million in our coffers two years ago.  I suspect he decided that was his last big investment into the club and we have been reducing the wage bill ever since to get the best value from that investment.  Covid will be impacting this further but I still expect us to have a modest sum available for transfers.

I suspect there aren't any players who aren't for sale in League 1 or 2.  And there will be similar positions across the Championship, the SPL and across Europe.  There may not be a better time to get value for money.

I've still not seen any evidence that the £81m is in the club bank account.

As at 30th June 2018 it was in the form of a loan to the parent company.

Some decent options on frees.

Joe Hart

Lyle Taylor

Jordan Ibe

Would all make great additions at this level imo. Suspect they would all be asking for large wages though. Add Kieffer Moore, Jamal Lowe, Matt Clarke (on loan) I think we will be well set.

Maybe an extra cm for cover?

On 02/08/2020 at 12:02, RamNut said:

Tottenhams young striker Troy Parrott has gone to Millwall on loan.

it makes you sick.

He'll have to soar high to get on the end of Rowett-ball. 

Seriously, I think he could tear up this league. 2 really good signings by Snakey Gaz. 

3 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Some decent options on frees.

Joe Hart

Lyle Taylor

Jordan Ibe

Would all make great additions at this level imo. Suspect they would all be asking for large wages though. Add Kieffer Moore, Jamal Lowe, Matt Clarke (on loan) I think we will be well set.

Maybe an extra cm for cover?

LOL - And Moore Farm has secret money tree's growing 50 pound notes?

5 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Don't be surprised if we make a move for Ryan Bennett. Surplus to requirements at Wolves and happy to drop down a division.

Could well end up back at Norwich but one to keep an eye on.

Leicester have been paying him £75,000 a week can’t see us getting him 

Archived