Jump to content

Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Just shows how desperate we seem to have become and how low we have fallen. Last year i was suggesting certain players from the SPL and my comments were rubbished, <players in the SPL not good enough for the championship, maybe league One standard at best> and now here we are 12 months later suggesting SPL players, unreal.

One person's suggestion becomes proof of what exactly? Good players are found at all levels and if Brentford scout them we all get envious.  Perhaps we do need a money ball strategy rather than one too conscious of our status.

Edited by Andrew3000
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, because our recruitment team wouldn't replace them adequately.

Mike Van der Hoorn has been released by Swansea. Would definitely take him. Especially on a free. 

I think evans is a decent player. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

No one has any money outside the big leagues.

Itll be the likes of Bournemouth and Norwich who will be signing players. The best we can do is free transfers and loans.

Expect the big clubs to snap up talent and then loan them back out.

Derbys turnover must have gone from circa 30 million to 8-10 million pro rata. No gate revenue, no commercial income on stadium, honestly the only income is sponsorship and TV revenue.

So unless there is either cash left in the kitty from the sale, or MM puts his hands in his pocket, we are the same as everyone else, fighting for scraps.

Any outside investment will also have gone dead as well right now.

He’d have to be a contortionist unless he took his trousers off!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

One person's suggestion becomes proof of what exactly? Good players are found at all levels and if Brentford scout them we all get envious.  Perhaps we do need a money ball strategy rather than one too conscious of our status.

With Brentford they decided to scrap the academy and pour the money into scouting better players that could make the grade more immediately so there are pros and cons ...it would be fantastic to have both of course but at least we have a good academy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

One person's suggestion becomes proof of what exactly? Good players are found at all levels and if Brentford scout them we all get envious.  Perhaps we do need a money ball strategy rather than one too conscious of our status.

All we need to do at DCFC is get scouting for some better scouts....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Prefer his brother Ebeneezer .  naughty, naughty very naughty but very much maligned and misunderstood. Sure Cocu could get the best out of him.  

I gave this a laughing face but it deserves a like, laughing face, cheers, clap... without a doubt the post of the year 😂 won’t go into details but this is the first time something has made me laugh in about a week... thank you 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S8TY said:

With Brentford they decided to scrap the academy and pour the money into scouting better players that could make the grade more immediately so there are pros and cons ...it would be fantastic to have both of course but at least we have a good academy 

And as others have been alluding too, It may well be the time to pick bargains up as clubs may be finding finances tight at the moment, i am sure we find ourselves in the same boat so if a decent offer (what other teams think decent as opposed to peoples valuations on this forum) came in for a couple of youngsters i think a couple of them will be on their way.We are in the same predicament as other clubs, if not worse

Edited by atherstoneram
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I gave this a laughing face but it deserves a like, laughing face, cheers, clap... without a doubt the post of the year 😂 won’t go into details but this is the first time something has made me laugh in about a week... thank you 😂

Your welcome chap😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rosenior said during lockdown he had been scouting over a 1000 players, id like to hope that Rosenior knows what he ia doing and we have a few possibilities lined up for all positions if needed

He just meant he had been playing football manager a hell of a lot and whenever his missus asked him what he was doing he said "work".

He needs to keep the lie going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I remember when we were linked with Glen Murray when Brighton got promoted to the Championship, he was exactly what we needed but there were a fair few fans saying they didnt want him, too old etc etc.

Some fans are silly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We might miss out on Troy Deeney....Spurs in for him apparently 🤣

Some people on this forum really do have delusions of grandeur, if we can't afford to pay CM what he was asking for how the hell could we afford to pay for the likes of Troy Deeney etc who will be on/wanting more no doubt than CM . Some need to wake up and smell the coffee. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Some people on this forum really do have delusions of grandeur, if we can't afford to pay CM what he was asking for how the hell could we afford to pay for the likes of Troy Deeney etc who will be on/wanting more no doubt than CM . Some need to wake up and smell the coffee. 

 

Indeed they do 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.