Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

1 hour ago, Topram said:

GK

Can see Marriott leaving which if he does we need a striker that’s going to score 15/20 goals 

Martin new contract 

1 or 2 attacking players/wide players

Who’s 15/20 goals are the new striker replacing? 

I agree we need another option up top but it certainly won’t be to replace Marriotts goals. 
Guys been a bigger myth than Yakubus passport. Granted he needs a run in the first team but this is the 3rd manager at this level to pass up an opportunity to give him one?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I agree we need another option up top but it certainly won’t be to replace Marriotts goals. 
Guys been a bigger myth than Yakubus passport. Granted he needs a run in the first team but this is the 3rd manager at this level to pass up an opportunity to give him one?

3rd ? 

If we keep hold of the academy lot then we need a GK, a CB, a winger and possibly a striker depending on what happens with Marriott and Martin.

Would love Harvey Elliott on loan for a year, or Curtis Jones. The  CB and keeper needs to be permanent deals to build a solid triangle with Te Wierik. Or possibly Bielik next to him if Bird and Rooney is the way forward?

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I didn’t mean replace Marriotts goals I mean we need a striker who will score that amount of goals if we want to be in the top 2

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? Who have the current recruitment team identified as potential signings in the summer?

Are you unhappy with Te Wierik already?

If we do have a recruitment team which on experience is debatable then their track record over previous seasons is pretty abysmal

And I've not posted a jot about Te Wierik so not sure how you made this cosmic leap. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

If we do have a recruitment team which on experience is debatable then their track record over previous seasons is pretty abysmal

And I've not posted a jot about Te Wierik so not sure how you made this cosmic leap. 

Yeah awful.

I mean last season Tomori, Mount and Wilson were shocking loans and add into that Marriott, he was dreadful.

This season Clarke and Rooney looking dreadful.

And dont get me started on Duane Holmes at £500k.

Oh and Ollie Watkins who they identified but we wouldnt pay £4m for.

With such an abysmal recruitment team it goes to show how amazing all of our managers must have been to get all of these dreadful signings into the play offs in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Ok I'm exaggerating slightly but I think people get carried away when talking about the recruitment team, especially given that nobody seems to know anything about them.

I mentioned Te Wierik as someone must have spotted him and I'm guessing the recruitment team were involved.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah awful.

I mean last season Tomori, Mount and Wilson were shocking loans and add into that Marriott, he was dreadful.

This season Clarke and Rooney looking dreadful.

And dont get me started on Duane Holmes at £500k.

Oh and Ollie Watkins who they identified but we wouldnt pay £4m for.

With such an abysmal recruitment team it goes to show how amazing all of our managers must have been to get all of these dreadful signings into the play offs in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Ok I'm exaggerating slightly but I think people get carried away when talking about the recruitment team, especially given that nobody seems to know anything about them.

I mentioned Te Wierik as someone must have spotted him and I'm guessing the recruitment team were involved.

You can cherry pick selective information from any source, for every Mason Mount there's been a Kieran Dowell.

Maybe that's part of the issue that quote nobody seems to know anything about them unquote. Like UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster do they actually exist or is it another urban myth. 

It's obvious you personally disagree but let's see what the consensus is on here rather than ourselves debate this personally 

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can cherry pick selective information from any source, for every Mason Mount there's been a Kieran Dowell.

Maybe that's part of the issue that quote nobody seems to know anything about them unquote. Like UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster do they actually exist or is it another urban myth. 

It's obvious you personally disagree but let's see what the consensus is on here rather than ourselves debate this personally 

So who would you have us your recruitment team then?

Who are the teams who's signings always work out?

Biggest thing for me is getting more athletic. You can cover up a lot of deficiencies by having athletic players with pace. Every team we seem to face has a handful of players who are bigger, faster and stronger than we’ve got. Of course we need to improve certain areas with quality, but surrounding them with more pace would help. 

Obvious areas are 

goalkeeper - the likes of joe Hart are available and would be an excellent addition in my opinion ( especially if wage demands are sensible)

centre back - we need two - the Dutch lad signed on so he looks like being one of them - Clarke doesn’t look good enough for the premiership to me and Brighton would probably want their money back, is £5 million to much for us because I think it is currently 

maybe a decent wide player who plays for the team but we haven’t got this right for a while.

forward - well they are expensive - we have Marriott but he has been disappointing this season so far but can we afford someone better? Well I can’t see it currently 

Our  priorities this summer are in defence 

Archived