Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I know he made a couple of mistakes the other day & seems to be the forgotten man in English football but how much would Stoke want for Jack Butland.

Don't think its a massively unrealistic target & he used to be class. He can't be anywhere near the £20m valuation they had on him when they first got relegated & you'd think he'd want a move 

I suggest you go on the Oatcake forum and see what Stoke fans have to say about him

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I know he made a couple of mistakes the other day & seems to be the forgotten man in English football but how much would Stoke want for Jack Butland.

Don't think its a massively unrealistic target & he used to be class. He can't be anywhere near the £20m valuation they had on him when they first got relegated & you'd think he'd want a move 

He was a great prospect, but he's really been struggling for form and confidence. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced Derby is the place for him to rebuild those - one mistake and the crowd (assuming there is one) will be moaning and sarcastically cheering. 

54 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I suggest you go on the Oatcake forum and see what Stoke fans have to say about him

Strangely we hounded Grant out of town when he was shocking here one season and he became a one man defence at Stoke keeping them up. Think we got 2 million plus for a player we didn't want and out of contract in a few months.

Keepers are funny. He might be worth 10 million again if he had a good season here.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Exactly what I’m saying. Someone else first described him as a thug and hence I said we don’t want to sign one.

From the games I’ve seen him play, he seems to be a very dirty (over physical/clumsy if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt) player that I wouldn’t like to see at Derby. Having said that, similar to Savage and Tyson, if he were to join us he would have my support once he became a Ram but still a no thank you from me.

fair enough. That's an opinion. I'm not saying we should sign him but he's an experienced championship centre back whose tall, can defend and is free. 

Clearly our defensive record would indicate we don't need someone like that. 

23 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I'd go back in for Tomori, he seems surplus at Chelsea and hasn't even been making the bench. 

He's been injured since the restart, which is why he isn't making the bench at the minute
Wouldn't be too surprised if he goes on loan to a Prem team next season, though

We’ve got to find some good wingers.

I’ve no idea what the rules are now on signing players from abroad, but i do wonder whether we could look to recruit from the Dutch league. Willem II sold dan Crowley to brum last summer. Their replacement seems to be Che Nunnely 21 - formerly with Jong Ajax - a graduate of the Ajax Academy. He looks useful too.

On 04/07/2020 at 08:13, G-Ram said:

I rate Butland still. Think he is a good keeper and a new setting could be the catalyst for him becoming one of the best in the league again. He was class when on loan here, I think fans would give him time as a result. Buy players out of form with proven quality, much less risk with potential high rewards!

18 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

I'd go back in for Tomori, he seems surplus at Chelsea and hasn't even been making the bench. 

It’s hard to imagine signing anybody on loan from a premiership club next season ( especially England internationals ) the cost will be way out of proportion remembering that hardly any income is arriving unless you have parachute payments

23 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Keeper x 2, Centre half, right winger, forward (centre forward or a fast strong striker type) 

That's probably not far away from what I'd say with a few caveats.

Keeper: I think we only need one, and it's vital we get a keeper who is comfortable with our playing. This is probably the most important signing and biggest area of improvement we can make.

CB: Te Wierik has already joined, Davies and Wisdom are still on the books and Bielik has to come back from injury. It's possible we are ok here especially if this were Bielik is going to play long term but it feels like we are one short and getting Clarke back feels like a good shout.

RW: We are lacking a little here. Personally I do like Waghorn here but a good player here could make a lot of difference in the squad. 

CF: This is tricky because I think this depends on Martin's contract situation. Between Martin, Waghorn and Mariott I do feel like we have enough quality up front for this division. And I think it would blow a huge portion of any transfer budget we have to make a material difference in quality. But if Martin leaves, we need to bring somebody in.

Another factor is to consider is whether any of the young players are going to step up into those positions, with the like of Whittaker potentially coming through.

8 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's probably not far away from what I'd say with a few caveats.

Keeper: I think we only need one, and it's vital we get a keeper who is comfortable with our playing. This is probably the most important signing and biggest area of improvement we can make.

CB: Te Wierik has already joined, Davies and Wisdom are still on the books and Bielik has to come back from injury. It's possible we are ok here especially if this were Bielik is going to play long term but it feels like we are one short and getting Clarke back feels like a good shout.

RW: We are lacking a little here. Personally I do like Waghorn here but a good player here could make a lot of difference in the squad. 

CF: This is tricky because I think this depends on Martin's contract situation. Between Martin, Waghorn and Mariott I do feel like we have enough quality up front for this division. And I think it would blow a huge portion of any transfer budget we have to make a material difference in quality. But if Martin leaves, we need to bring somebody in.

Another factor is to consider is whether any of the young players are going to step up into those positions, with the like of Whittaker potentially coming through.

Definitely need a striker with pace. We have the passers to find him. Too often our forwards have to check back due to lack of pace.

On 04/07/2020 at 19:00, TexasRam said:

Keeper x 2, Centre half, right winger, forward (centre forward or a fast strong striker type) 

Can't see why we'd buy two goalkeepers. Roos may not be first choice but he's more than good enough as a backup. You would hope that he would only play in cup games, so why pay money out for somebody to sit on the bench? It's not even as if you would bring him on in a game if your first choice doesn't get injured.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Definitely need a striker with pace. We have the passers to find him. Too often our forwards have to check back due to lack of pace.

Mariott has pace, Waghorn isn't slow and I feel it's not even necessary for us to have a quick striker. Could do with a bit more pace in the squad for sure but I think that would make a bigger difference on wings were we could do with more quality.

I just think it's a position were we have 3 good players, to make an improvement would cost basically our entire budget and we have other areas of the squad that need addressing beforehand. 

If we remain in the Championship and we could afford it I'd go for,

Butland or Hart at GK, both need some tlc but have the underlying quality required.

Clarke at CB, my personal number one priority.  I like him.

Lyle Taylor at CF, available on a free, mobile, can lead the line and probably fills the gap until one or more of JHI, RHM (is he staying? - hope so), T Wilson or J Stretton can step up.

If we're promoted I'd supplement this with 3 or 4 exotics.

5 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

If we remain in the Championship and we could afford it I'd go for,

Butland or Hart at GK, both need some tlc but have the underlying quality required.

Clarke at CB, my personal number one priority.  I like him.

Lyle Taylor at CF, available on a free, mobile, can lead the line and probably fills the gap until one or more of JHI, RHM (is he staying? - hope so), T Wilson or J Stretton can step up.

If we're promoted I'd supplement this with 3 or 4 exotics.

No to butland, yes to everything else. Think Wilson could be a special player.

Keeper wise I'm not sure who would be achievable as a potential target. Would love a big, tall keeper. Missed out on Forster from Southampton when he was in the wilderness before a good loan move for him. feel we could have got him in as a number 1.

36 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Can't see why we'd buy two goalkeepers. Roos may not be first choice but he's more than good enough as a backup. You would hope that he would only play in cup games, so why pay money out for somebody to sit on the bench? It's not even as if you would bring him on in a game if your first choice doesn't get injured.

Because our two current keepers are awful and not good enough even as back ups, get rid and start a fresh. If we have a youngster in the ranks as back up then all the better, if not buy two. 

Archived