Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe someone good in the air rather than a thug

19 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

More thug than footballer for me.

4 yellows this season no reds. How many of our centre backs have had fewer yellows?

2 goals, as many as our centre backs. 

He's 6'3 can't be that bad in the air. Can't imagine Leeds will want him if they go up, but could sign for them if they stay down. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oomarkwright said:

4 yellows this season no reds. How many of our centre backs have had fewer yellows?

He's 6'3 can't be that bad in the air. Can't imagine Leeds will want him if they go up, but could sign for them if they stay down. 

Yeah, but he plays football like a camel Excited Run GIF by TLC

13 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

No. He left last week. Free now. 

Have you got a link to this? All the sites i have seen say they are looking to sell him and he has 2 years left on his contract. 

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Seen him home and away this season.  Thug.  Went to the Boro game to meet up with Boro supporting workmates.  Admittedly they hated Gestede more but they also had a common view of Ayala.  Thug.

Want evidence?  I'll quote whoscored.com:

Daniel Ayala Characteristics

+ Strengths 

Concentration

Tackling

- Weaknesses

Passing

Discipline

Daniel Ayala's Style of Play

Indirect set-piece threat

Likes to tackle

Clears the ball out of defence often

Commits fouls often

29 years old, head it kick it and can't pass.  Unless we're looking for an unclassy replacement for Curtis it's a no from me.

4 hours ago, sage said:

Have you got a link to this? All the sites i have seen say they are looking to sell him and he has 2 years left on his contract. 

Just google his name and you'll see. Wiki or transfer market. He wouldn't play the last 3 games before the end of the contract and left on 27rh. 

23 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Just google his name and you'll see. Wiki or transfer market. He wouldn't play the last 3 games before the end of the contract and left on 27rh. 

We are at cross purposes. I was talking about Gunn and you were talking about Ayala.

A few free agents would be decent signings at this level

Joe Hart, Jordan Ibe, Danny Loader, Angel Gomes, Aaron Lennon. 

Personally think Sam Hutchinson is a decent ball playing centre back, would be decent cover. If Wisdom is to be a centre back we would need an experienced backup right back, Danny Simpson?

Forestieri would be decent in the number 10 role.

A fair few on my list have potential attitude problems & big wages but in the current climate I think wages may start to decline and I have faith in Roseniors research & Cocus management would sort out any attitude problems

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The best on the list is Nathan Ferguson. Probably miss out to a Prem team but would be bargain if we pulled it off. A year or two under Cocu and we’d turn a massive profit.
David Silva would be decent backup for Sibley.

Agreed a deal at Palace 

1 hour ago, sage said:

We are at cross purposes. I was talking about Gunn and you were talking about Ayala.

Yes. Tamworth ram called ayala a thug and I said suggest a different option to which you replied they will want 6m back for him. But hes left on a free. 

7 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Yes. Tamworth ram called ayala a thug and I said suggest a different option to which you replied they will want 6m back for him. But hes left on a free. 

Actually, someone else (can’t be bothered to trawl back through the thread) started off the calling him a thug but I agreed.

2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Yes you said we don't want to sign a thug. 

Isn’t Ayala a right sided CB? We already have Wisdom, Evans and I believe that’s the position Te Wierik prefers.
Davies and Fozzy will be backup for the left side, which means we just need the 1 left sided CB in the summer. Clarke’s a real possibility of getting back for another year and is better than Ayala anyway.

So it’s a no to Ayala I’m afraid. 

I know he made a couple of mistakes the other day & seems to be the forgotten man in English football but how much would Stoke want for Jack Butland.

Don't think its a massively unrealistic target & he used to be class. He can't be anywhere near the £20m valuation they had on him when they first got relegated & you'd think he'd want a move 

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Isn’t Ayala a right sided CB? We already have Wisdom, Evans and I believe that’s the position Te Wierik prefers.
Davies and Fozzy will be backup for the left side, which means we just need the 1 left sided CB in the summer. Clarke’s a real possibility of getting back for another year and is better than Ayala anyway.

So it’s a no to Ayala I’m afraid. 

Surely Bielik will end up as a centre half too, can't see him dislodging Rooney or Bird.

59 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Yes you said we don't want to sign a thug. 

Exactly what I’m saying. Someone else first described him as a thug and hence I said we don’t want to sign one.

From the games I’ve seen him play, he seems to be a very dirty (over physical/clumsy if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt) player that I wouldn’t like to see at Derby. Having said that, similar to Savage and Tyson, if he were to join us he would have my support once he became a Ram but still a no thank you from me.

Archived