Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It's a funny one isn't it? 

I have been on here both critical of, and supportive of, TL.

If he was playing for someone else and we saw his stats, we would be demanding Cocu signed him up. 

Because we also get to see the downside we slate him. 

There's more output from him than I think we would get from Ibe. 

Amazingly I agree - he has actually been decent enough since Rooney appeared on the pitch which you just can’t ignore

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'll drink to that. Do you think he'll Joiners, I mean join us though? ?

You would have to drive him here - but seriously I think he could have plenty to offer Cocu especially if we were to get a decent bid and sell Lawrence 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You would have to drive him here - but seriously I think he could have plenty to offer Cocu especially if we were to get a decent bid and sell Lawrence 

Agreed, I don't mind him as a player. Needs nurturing similar to how Lampard did. There's a decent Championship player in there. Whether he gets another shot here, only time will tell. 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed, I don't mind him as a player. Needs nurturing similar to how Lampard did. There's a decent Championship player in there. Whether he gets another shot here, only time will tell. 

Really.  Needs nurturing .  Get him gone before he's due a testimonial .  More years on the books than goals scored. 

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Thought it might get a bite that one. ?

May as well have another then. He only manages three a season and a fluky worldy every 10 years so unlikely.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

watched Northampton 3 times on Sky during lockdown , very impressed with the young striker they have on loan from WBA , Callum Morton , pacey, works hard , scores goals , if the baggies want to loan him out again he could be a good option for us

You’d hope we will be setting our sights a bit higher than loaning a player from West Brom who’s had half a season in League Two. Might be a decent signing for the U23s though if he has potential?

Its interesting to see who are the best out of contract players in the Eredivise.

Bryan Linssen

Renato Tapia

Daniel Schwaab

Pacy wide forward, young(ish) CB/DCM and a German CB. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these with us next sesson. 

Can’t see us being in for another CB if we want Clarke in for another season. That’ll leave us with Clarke, Te Wierik, Wisdom, Davies and backed up by Forsyth, Bielik and Evans. 
I think we’ll see Waghorn feature primarily on the right next season. With Lawrence an almost ever present on the left, Knight and Whittaker filling in on the right, we won’t be after any wingers. 

GK and CF the two positions we’ll be looking to recruit. 

Archived