Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

16 minutes ago, sage said:

We simply haven't got much money. Clement, Rowett and Lampard spunked it up the wall and now it's Cocu's fault apparently.  

Didn't Cocu spend £8m on Bielik, though?

Just saying - they all play a part in where we are now. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I don’t think you can say Rowett or Lampard spent badly, especially Rowett all his players played pretty well for us Davies/Huddlestone ... 

Lampard

Waghorn £7m, been ok ish has no transfer value, out of contract at the end of season.

Marrriot £4.5m been mostly injured or semi fit, loaned lout.

Malone £3m very poor, loaned out, no transfer value.

Josefzoon £2.5m awful form, loaned out, no transfer value.

Evans £200k ok squad player, not increased in value.

Holmes £600k his best signing but often injured and is worth about £1m. 

Plus signing 3 quality young players on loan at a high cost. 

Rowett

Signed 30 yr old Huddlestone and 32 year old Davies on high wages and with no resale value. Both been ok but at a cost.

£1.5m on 31 year old Jerome who was poor, got some money back

£3m on Wisdom who has been ok ish and lost his place to 17 yr old Bogle.

30 yr old Ledley on a free who was poor to ok. 

Rowett didn't spend as much as Lampard but left an ageing squad on high wages. 

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But if this is the case I dont understand why Cocu has been saying we would get another striker in, 2 weeks ago Cocu said a player would be joining at the beginning of the week (Dursun), since then we have got rid of Jozefzoon and now Marriott, so surely the funds are there for a player?

My only gut feelings are either a) Mel knows something we dont and we cant spend a penny, or b) the 'rumour' about Cocu being on the verge of the sack is closer to the truth and Mel is saving every penny for Wayne to spend in Jan and next year.

Either that or we have basically proven we are absolutely rammall at transfers and the whole recruitment needs looking at within our club.

It looked like Dursun was coming but they couldn't get a replacement in. He wants to come so we will wait until Jan or July. We looked at short term loans but they didn't want to move or we were outbid. 

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't Cocu spend £8m on Bielik, though?

Just saying - they all play a part in where we are now. 

quite possibly, though i think this was arranged already, Lampard may say the same about Waghorn. 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

What did they say

He was asked about Derby, spoke about CKR and Marriott, but said there could be further developments and he would update at 17:20. He could well be talking in general, but he was asked about Derby. I'm more hopeful than I was, however still not enough to say I'm 100% positive we will bring someone in. 

He also said that CKR was arriving on loan as a free agent. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

He was asked about Derby, spoke about CKR and Marriott, but said there could be further developments and he would update at 17:20. He could well be talking in general, but he was asked about Derby. I'm more hopeful than I was, however still not enough to say I'm 100% positive we will bring someone in. 

He also said that CKR was arriving on loan as a free agent. 

Update at 5:20 wouldn’t that be late though anyway? 

Archived