Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

42 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

England's record goalscorer, Waghorn and Richards! We have some power up front. Let's embrace this!

He drops that deep do you really think he has the pace and athleticism to get into the box. At Norwich I don't really see him in the box tbh crosses were coming in and he was nowhere near them 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

He drops that deep do you really think he has the pace and athleticism to get into the box. At Norwich I don't really see him in the box tbh crosses were coming in and he was nowhere near them 

I think he would be ideal behind a striker. Even though he has lost his pace, some of the best attackers had no pace so I would argue if he's instructed to stay up top and gets support, he can get goals or some assists. His record speaks for itself.

Marshall - Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan - Bielik Bird - Ibe Lawrence Jozwiak - CKR

Roos MTW Davies Forsyth Evans Shinnie Rooney Holmes Sibley Knight Whittaker Waghorn (JHI - Duncan)

Not too bad really? Probs a LB & striker short

12 players for 7 sub spots, can see why we let Marriott go

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Owd Baz has mentioned Ince. I personally would be really happy with him at this point in time. He was excellent for us, almost a goal or assist every 2 games. He also has experience playing upfront, albeit not his typical position. 

Baz has an absolute stinker recently he knows nout 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Marshall - Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan - Bielik Bird - Ibe Lawrence Jozwiak - CKR

Roos MTW Davies Forsyth Evans Shinnie Rooney Holmes Sibley Knight Whittaker Waghorn (JHI - Duncan)

Not too bad really? Probs a LB & striker short

12 players for 7 sub spots, can see why we let Marriott go

I would have been reasonably happy if we had of brought a decent striker in. Just don’t see where the goals are going to come from....

6 minutes ago, sage said:

We simply haven't got much money. Clement, Rowett and Lampard spunked it up the wall and now it's Cocu's fault apparently.  

I don’t think you can say Rowett or Lampard spent badly, especially Rowett all his players played pretty well for us Davies/Huddlestone ... 

15 minutes ago, sage said:

We simply haven't got much money. Clement, Rowett and Lampard spunked it up the wall and now it's Cocu's fault apparently.  

But if this is the case I dont understand why Cocu has been saying we would get another striker in, 2 weeks ago Cocu said a player would be joining at the beginning of the week (Dursun), since then we have got rid of Jozefzoon and now Marriott, so surely the funds are there for a player?

My only gut feelings are either a) Mel knows something we dont and we cant spend a penny, or b) the 'rumour' about Cocu being on the verge of the sack is closer to the truth and Mel is saving every penny for Wayne to spend in Jan and next year.

Either that or we have basically proven we are absolutely rammall at transfers and the whole recruitment needs looking at within our club.

Archived