Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club needs to be held accountable for however this season goes. Perhaps CKR scores the goals and we end up in the top 6, who knows, but if these bat poo crazy decisions do subsequently turn into bat poo crazy decisions then we need to have a review of our entire club process and this 'Derby Way'. Decisions that seem like bad decisions at the time you make them and then go on to be bad decisions are inexcusable. 

The only way the club come out of this is if we do well as a club. 

roos, bogle, cole, keogh, tomori, huddlestone, Johnson, Mount, Wilson, Lawrence, bennett: 

subs jozefzoon, Waghorn, Marriott

that didn’t last long

55 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Unless a PL club is already in talks and it’s not been announced. Daniel Sturridge anyone? 1 year deal to tie us over and would be a coup and nice romantic story with his family ties.

I can't actually remember much of anything about him, having very little interest in watching some of the teams he's played for.

What are his main attributes, and do they fit in with playing one upfront?

Are people just throwing his name in there based purely on him at one point being highly rated? I imagine it's a complete non-starter regardless.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Am I the only one thinking that this proves that the Bogle & Lowe fees were far lower than what Sky reported (Chris Wilder alluded to this). If we can’t afford Zohore and Millwall can then questions have to be asked.

I said at the time ( my mate with good contacts at Sheffield United) said we got £8 million for the pair with a potential extra £3 million if they avoid relegation and make x amount of appearances we owed Swindon some of that for Bogle and we have basically spent most of the rest   

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Derby dont do transfer deadline days, but if they did, they would probably be the worst stinking transfer deadline days ever...

The club have failed big time!!

Chris Martin and Marriott out and 34 year old Kazim-Richards in.

Absolutely shocking business.

Richards has scored more than Marriott in last 2 years and in way fewer matches! I don't think he's better than Marriott just saying!

OK I agree seems to be a bit flat end and not many striking options. Good wingers brought in though!

I'm really not sure what some people are expecting to have happened? The club is paying for previous transfer market failings and will be for quite some time.

The policy change happened when Cocu was appointed with a switch to developing talent and plugging holes with signings as and when needs must - like the keeper in from Wigan or CK-R on a one year deal. We're just no longer in the market for big money recruits either in fees paid or contract commitments.

We all have to hope that the players coming through our Academy, and those signed for us to develop (like Bielik, Jozwiak and even Ibe) will eventually be good enough.

3 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Richards has scored more than Marriott in last 2 years and in way fewer matches! I don't think he's better than Marriott just saying!

OK I agree seems to be a bit flat end and not many striking options. Good wingers brought in though!

Totally agree about the wingers, but who will they be crossing the ball to?

Archived