Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

If we can't get Davis, Wickham or Austin etc, I wonder if we'll bother. Personally I think we could really struggle if we don't, especially until Waghorn gets back - not that Waghorn is a brilliant target man, but he could be the difference between relegation and mid-table.

So then we're looking at PL kids or League 1 nearly men. The best fit of the latter appears to be Joe Pigott from Wimbledon. Never done anything great, but appears to be in good form currently. I wonder if it would be worth a gamble if we could get someone like him cheap? Better than no one or just another body for the sake of it?

I think we expected Dursan to sign after Blackburn Cocu seemed very confident missing out on him knocked us back, personally are we going to be able to sign anyone better than Waghorn or Marriott? They may play in a different style but think we may wait till January 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Topram said:

I think we expected Dursan to sign after Blackburn Cocu seemed very confident missing out on him knocked us back, personally are we going to be able to sign anyone better than Waghorn or Marriott? They may play in a different style but think we may wait till January 

The problem is we might not be able to get anyone in January - prices go up and we can't sign EU players who won't qualify for a work permit. I'd suggest that British players will pretty much triple in cost.

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If we can't get Davis, Wickham or Austin etc, I wonder if we'll bother. Personally I think we could really struggle if we don't, especially until Waghorn gets back - not that Waghorn is a brilliant target man, but he could be the difference between relegation and mid-table.

So then we're looking at PL kids or League 1 nearly men. The best fit of the latter appears to be Joe Pigott from Wimbledon. Never done anything great, but appears to be in good form currently. I wonder if it would be worth a gamble if we could get someone like him cheap? Better than no one or just another body for the sake of it?

Rooney, Waghorn and Marriott will do for now.
Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Holmes will cover the 2 CM positions. Evans and Rooney can be played there in emergency, and Bielik won't be too far off now.
Sibley, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Whittaker rotating for the other 2/3 positions 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Holmes will cover the 2 CM positions. Evans and Rooney can be played there in emergency, and Bielik won't be too far off now.
Sibley, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Whittaker rotating for the other 2/3 positions 

Poor though to let Martin leave (the pivotal player in the formation after coming back from lockdown) and not replace him, leaving us far weaker than last season up front. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe, although I suspect that Lawrence or Whitaker might make better lone strikers than Rooney(now) and Marriott.

I disagree-ish at the moment. I think we really need a more physical presence. Yet I'm not massively wedded to that opinion. Currently I'm 55-45 in favour of signing the best #9 we can find, even if that player might not be particularly good.

Not sure whether I'm being naïve or not, but I genuinely think this could one of the most exciting deadline days since Man City started splashing the cash. There's a plethora of half decent-decent free transfers available. Plus players like Wilson, Gray (Leicester), Austin, Slimani etc who either accept they'll be kicking around in the reserves or swallow their pride and drop down (or go abroad). PL clubs also can't deal with each other which adds a new dynamic to things.

Not sure what to expect from Derby. Sibley could yet attract more interest from other PL clubs, will Jozefzoon move or will he happily take over from Anya as the less than enthused baller on a decent wage? Will a curveball be thrown and a player like Marriott leave to free up some funds for a replacement? I'm very conflicted with my hopes and predictions.

A decent striker in before 12 and no other business would suit me (thinking with my head). Sell Marriott and bring in a decent striker and loan Wilson (my heart). However I'd be disappointed if we don't sign a striker and/or sell Sibley, unless we're getting the sort of fee that Brentford, Bristol City or Forest get on a regular basis.

It all seems to be quiet at the moment, is it the calm before the storm?

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Not sure whether I'm being naïve or not, but I genuinely think this could one of the most exciting deadline days since Man City started splashing the cash. There's a plethora of half decent-decent free transfers available. Plus players like Wilson, Gray (Leicester), Austin, Slimani etc who either accept they'll be kicking around in the reserves or swallow their pride and drop down (or go abroad). PL clubs also can't deal with each other which adds a new dynamic to things.

Not sure what to expect from Derby. Sibley could yet attract more interest from other PL clubs, will Jozefzoon move or will he happily take over from Anya as the less than enthused baller on a decent wage? Will a curveball be thrown and a player like Marriott leave to free up some funds for a replacement? I'm very conflicted with my hopes and predictions.

A decent striker in before 12 and no other business would suit me (thinking with my head). Sell Marriott and bring in a decent striker and loan Wilson (my heart). However I'd be disappointed if we don't sign a striker and/or sell Sibley, unless we're getting the sort of fee that Brentford, Bristol City or Forest get on a regular basis.

I would not sell Marriott until he cannot score even from I've etc passes

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Anya was released in the summer

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It would be nice to get a suitable centre forward but if we can’t then Waghorn and Marriott will have to do supported by the 2 lads from under 23s or even Whittaker - it’s not exactly dreadful ! 

Or what about that bloke who's scored a few for England, err Wayne something or other?

Found the perfect player for Derby...Shani Tarashaj

He's a 25 year old Swiss international forward who, over the last 4 years has suffered with angina, tonsillitis, knee reconstruction, ankle reconstruction, anxiety... all while earning £15k a week at Everton and never playing a single league game for them.

He's just had a loan to a Dutch club cancelled and Everton have now released him, so look out for him through the Moor Farm gates any time soon.

Archived