Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

37 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Everyone keeps going on about Ibe,

Is it because he would on a free, or he once had a good 'part season' with us or that we think he better than what we have 'potentially' got already ?

Even if did decide to come, he'd want good wages and a reasonably long contract, which would be expensive.

Is would definitely impact of how many and the quality of any other signings, we could then afford with our 'remaining' transfer pot.

I personally think the jury is still out on Mr Ibe,, skill wise there's no problem but application and consistency over a period of time we have yet to see. 

For these reasons in my humble opinion, its a no 

Is he better than what already have. In his position, YES

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only see free transfers this summer so I hope we find a couple more gems out there.

The cash flow is dire, the lost revenue, club will be on its knees. They’ll be gutted if they have to extend everyone’s contract and can’t be selective as that’s even more spend.

And let’s not forget, the plays took deferrals, not cuts. If they took a 30% deferral for three months, by my maths in month four that will be around an additional 3 million to pay out. (Based on a 30 million wage bill)

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

We still need some new signings in the team mate.

I’m hoping someone comes in for Tom lawrence but I reckon we’d only get a fraction of what we paid.

Malone, and zoon appear to be surplus but I can’t see us getting anything for them. 

I suspect it’s a new keeper on a free. 

New

bogle.   Wisdon.   Weirpig.    Lowe or fozzy

Bird.         Rooney or shinnie

holmes.          Sibley.       Knight

Waghorn

ebosele, Davies, brown, Mitchell-Lawson, Hepburn-Murphy, Marriott, trialist  

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

I’m hoping someone comes in for Tom lawrence but I reckon we’d only get a fraction of what we paid.

Malone, and zoon appear to be surplus but I can’t see us getting anything for them. 

New

Waghorn

I am not saying loads mate just 3 or 4 maybe depanding how fare budget can streat too.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

New

Waghorn

.... Bielik.

33 minutes ago, RamNut said:

’m hoping someone comes in for Tom lawrence but I reckon we’d only get a fraction of what we paid.

Why get rid of of one of our players that before the lockdown was Playing the type of football some of us knew he was capable of.

absolute bonkers in my opinion.

6 hours ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Why get rid of of one of our players that before the lockdown was Playing the type of football some of us knew he was capable of.

absolute bonkers in my opinion.

Cuz he’s crap and to make way for knight, sibley and Holmes.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

Gk: New
Def: Bogle, Wisdom, te Wierik, Fozzy, Lowe, Ebosele, Davies
Mid: Bird, Rooney, Shinnie, Holmes, Sibley, Knight, JBrown 
Fwd: Waghorn, Marriott, Trialist, JML, RHM

We’ll be in for a very tough season if that’s our squad. Not just short on Championship quality but squad size too. 

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We’ll be in for a very tough season if that’s our squad. Not just short on Championship quality but squad size too. 

Live within our means

plus bird, sibley, knight etc were producing the best football we've seen in yonks, so i'm more positive 

p.s. I forgot evans

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Live within our means

plus bird, sibley, knight etc were producing the best football we've seen in yonks, so i'm more positive 

p.s. I forgot evans

And Bielik, who someone else already mentioned. 

As most other championship clubs will also be struggling financially and will also have reduced quality of players available I share your optimism. At least our young players are in an upward trajectory working with a great coach. 

For once it is not us stuck with the ageing squad on high wages. 

Of course, there will be three relegated clubs with big parachute payments but they also have players who will be looking for a better club so they don't always do as well as we expect them to.

Sorry, I would keep Lawrence, though. I think we're starting to see his worth.

On 30/05/2020 at 04:04, angieram said:

And Bielik, who someone else already mentioned. 

As most other championship clubs will also be struggling financially and will also have reduced quality of players available I share your optimism. At least our young players are in an upward trajectory working with a great coach. 

For once it is not us stuck with the ageing squad on high wages. 

Of course, there will be three relegated clubs with big parachute payments but they also have players who will be looking for a better club so they don't always do as well as we expect them to.

Sorry, I would keep Lawrence, though. I think we're starting to see his worth.

It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out. Clubs across the board will be struggling so if these players get offloaded at the end of their contracts they won’t be able to get contracts elsewhere on similar terms and the clubs in the Prem won’t take them so I think this time around it’ll the players taking the proverbial haircut!

I think we’ll just see a wage deflation for players in our division and below as they will want to keep playing at the highest level and clubs will have much stricter budgets and experienced players will find themselves competing with youngsters for space on the wage bill!

On 29/05/2020 at 22:28, RamNut said:

New

Waghorn

Nice one!!! welcome the new guy in by calling him weirpig,  I bet he can't wait

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Ibe better than Lawrence hmm I don’t think so and I am a frustrated Lawrence watcher 

Take your blinkers off then. And if you really think that...then imagine Lawerence and Ibe on the wings...Im imagining it, and i can see a promotion party

To be competitive next season we need:

A goalkeeper

Another centre back in addition to Mike te Wierik

Winger

Martin contract extension

I would have said another attack minded central midfielder, however Sibley is looking to be that man, hopefully

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Ibe better than Lawrence hmm I don’t think so and I am a frustrated Lawrence watcher 

It's a funny one isn't it? 

I have been on here both critical of, and supportive of, TL.

If he was playing for someone else and we saw his stats, we would be demanding Cocu signed him up. 

Because we also get to see the downside we slate him. 

There's more output from him than I think we would get from Ibe. 

Archived