Subbuteo table soccer

Cisse

I was talking with my friend who had that when we were kids. I googled it and found out that they still sell that stuff. Does your kids still play with it or is it all about computers? Anyone got Baseball Ground at their home?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game, i've still got a collection of teams and the pitch etc. in my loft somewhere, i built the 'Offillers Ales' stand out of ply as well, probably in the 70's. I doubt i'll ever play it again, or even see it, my lads no doubt will find it and dispose of it one day, but not me, I ain't going up there sir, no way.

I was a shithot player tho, ask @Brummie Steve.. 

13 minutes ago, mozza said:

Great game, i've still got a collection of teams and the pitch etc. in my loft somewhere, i built the 'Offillers Ales' stand out of ply as well, probably in the 70's. I doubt i'll ever play it again, or even see it, my lads no doubt will find it and dispose of it one day, but not me, I ain't going up there sir, no way.

Haha, you old bugger, the Offilers Ale stand had gone when I started. It was the Ley Stand and Popside below it.??

I built a cardboard Popside for my subbuteo set and drew hundreds of faces with scarves and flags on it. Took me ages and one of my younger brothers ruined it by scribbling all over it the little scroat.

20 minutes ago, mozza said:

Are you missing an s in the middle of that? 

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Are you missing an s in the middle of that? 

I used to cross the ball from the wing with my right hand and volley it in with my left, on the move  i'll have you know,  shithot i tell ya.. 

53 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The England subbuteo team was exactly the same as the Derby one. White shirt, navy blue shorts.

A lot of teams were out of stock but team Derby was still available. People have done nice things with their stadiums with floodlights. If I had a spare room I might build a place for mighty Rams myself.

Subbuteo was something a few of my mates had. Me, I had a shoe box and used rolled up silver paper as a ball. I would flick to score with one hand using the other hand as the goalie. I spent many, many happy hours playing in this way. 50 years ago - I understand many kids now use some kind of simulated computer games.

8 hours ago, mozza said:

I used to cross the ball from the wing with my right hand and volley it in with my left, on the move  i'll have you know,  shithot i tell ya.. 

Diving headers were my speciality!

...And somersault goal celebrations!  ?

The players that is... not me personally!  

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Subbuteo was something a few of my mates had. Me, I had a shoe box and used rolled up silver paper as a ball. I would flick to score with one hand using the other hand as the goalie. I spent many, many happy hours playing in this way. 50 years ago - I understand many kids now use some kind of simulated computer games.

Desk football at school. Ha'pennies for goalposts, a sixpence for the ball, pennies for players (two-a-side - heads v tails) - first to three. The whole set-up only cost a shilling.

My friends and I used to play subbuteo when we were kids, half a dozen or so of us set up a league and played home and away lol, good fun!

My kids aren't interested in anything apart from their PCs, shame really when I think about all the fun we had growing up both inside and outside the house with little more than our imaginations.  Although to be fair its stopped them falling out of more than one tree...

19 hours ago, mozza said:

He always beat me but then, even our dog Spot played better than me. We'd get home from th Locarno and he and a mate used to play till dawn.

Sounded as if they were murdering each other sometimes!

19 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Haha, you old bugger, the Offilers Ale stand had gone when I started. It was the Ley Stand and Popside below it.??

I built a cardboard Popside for my subbuteo set and drew hundreds of faces with scarves and flags on it. Took me ages and one of my younger brothers ruined it by scribbling all over it the little scroat.

You never did send me my mdelling fee as a PopSide extra!

As foy younger brothers....don't talk to me about younger brothers!

On 26/05/2020 at 09:37, Eddie said:

Desk football at school. Ha'pennies for goalposts, a sixpence for the ball, pennies for players (two-a-side - heads v tails) - first to three. The whole set-up only cost a shilling.

And a comb or 6” ruler to hit the coins or be the net if a shot was on ?

Archived