Rubbish that commentators use (and overuse)

sage

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'great' moment in FC Koln vs Mönchengladbach

"A 3% chance of scoring, but he did it! His second ever Bundesliga goal!"

"Duda, Kramer... what's he doing? Oh and what's the goalkeeper doing? Aha, and what's the post doing! Stopping.and denying Sebastian Anderson, off the post"

...biggest take away, "what's the post doing!?" 

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

The post just sat there, like an inanimate object. 

image.png.7461d91e0b04e77b3e4692e4593d4fa9.png

I'm definitely going to start using "They're as tall as a X'x" tree." ? 

Also no.4 is an amazing analogy - has no place on that list.

I hate the continual and unnecessary use of the phrase 'football club'. As in, 'he needs to bring more players into the football club'..  Danny Higginbotham is one culprit. Really bugs me.. 'so and so has committed his future to Liverpool..football club'. 

Also, totally omnipresent, the phrase 'right across this/the ...'.. its everywhere eg 'its transfer deadline day and we will be keeping you right across all the deals'.. Obviously Jim White is a major culprit but its gone into every news outlet now, not just football related. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching Arsenal struggling against Rapid Vienna on BT Sport - not sure who the woman on co-commentary is, but my God she’s got an annoying voice - plus she seems to think she has to fill every gap with waffle - I’ve had to turn the volume down. As Barry Davies once said, the key to good  commentary is knowing when to say nothing.....

Archived