Rubbish that commentators use (and overuse)

sage

On 22 June 2020 at 22:31, cannable said:

I don’t know if I have a wide bum hole or what but I timed myself once and it was 42 seconds so you are wrong 

The rectum is 6-8 inches long and 2.5 inches at its widest point. Use a tape measure but I won't be borrowing it any time soon

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever they do “analysis” at half time but it’s just them describing what we can see on camera eg-

“he’s run down the wing and whipped in a great ball and there’s the striker to nod it home at the front post “

literally what is the point of pundits, they get away with being so bad 

On 26/05/2020 at 15:33, maydrakin said:

My particular gripe is “saved by the woodwork" when someone hits the post/bar.

No, the shot might have beat the keeper, but it wasn’t on target. The woodwork did nothing other than be there.

No woodwork anymore?

I’m presuming he will be on commentary for one of the Championship games on Sky today, but I can’t remember the guy’s name. It’s the main commentator anyway... but he has pre-prepared, alliterative hyperbolic phrases lined up for whenever a goal is scored. 

During the Cardiff v Leeds match, unfortunately wasn’t alliteration this time, but this phrase was shouted when Cardiff scored... “This is Cardiff City’s office! And this is where they do business!”

The cringe. All of the cringe. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I’m presuming he will be on commentary for one of the Championship games on Sky today, but I can’t remember the guy’s name. It’s the main commentator anyway... but he has pre-prepared, alliterative hyperbolic phrases lined up for whenever a goal is scored. 

During the Cardiff v Leeds match, unfortunately wasn’t alliteration this time, but this phrase was shouted when Cardiff scored... “This is Cardiff City’s office! And this is where they do business!”

The cringe. All of the cringe. 

If it's the same bloke who said 'And a chance for Marriott once more ... he's done it!', then all is forgiven.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If it's the same bloke who said 'And a chance for Marriott once more ... he's done it!', then all is forgiven.

Think it would have been that guy, clearly hadn't prepared anything for such a crazy scenario and lo and behold, the commentary was better!

Excited to see what he has in store today.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Think it would have been that guy, clearly hadn't prepared anything for such a crazy scenario and lo and behold, the commentary was better!

Take the sarcasm out of that and it's not a coherent sentence!

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

What about: 'Martin!!! ... Out of the wilderness and onto the scoresheet!'. Gold.

I actually found the Peter Drury stuff quite cringey sometimes. The whole 'Greek God in Rome' thing wasn't my cup of tea at all.

Used everyday be it news or sport, just general chat........ It’s a word I’d like to banish......

’Hes played for ten different clubs’ grrrrr if he’s played for ten clubs then of course they’re different ???

Other examples of this filth include ‘I've visited over twenty different countries’ 
‘Different parts of the country’. Ok I’ll leave it there. The word is not needed. 

Archived