Sign in to follow this  
Herdwick Ram

BBC Sport vote for best play off game

Every game on that short list is accompanied by a report and a photo... except for the last one, which gets a lovely little video to go with the report.

I like videos.

That's the game that gets my vote!

😉🐏

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Here's a clickable link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52737202 

Not surprised Watford v Leicester is winning, as Deeney's last-minute winner is up there with Aguero's vs QPR and Jimmy Glass' for Carlisle in terms of fame.

to say that a last minute goal in a play off semi final (And didn't Watford end up losing the final....where as Leicester went on to romp the league and then win the top flight a couple of years later...) is up there with a goalkeeper scoring in the las minute to keep a team in the league or an injury time winner to win the top flight over your biggest rivals...is, to say the least, pretty imaginative..

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

to say that a last minute goal in a play off semi final (And didn't Watford end up losing the final....where as Leicester went on to romp the league and then win the top flight a couple of years later...) is up there with a goalkeeper scoring in the las minute to keep a team in the league or an injury time winner to win the top flight over your biggest rivals...is, to say the least, pretty imaginative..

You really have a habit of missing the point of what I'm saying.

I didn't talk about significance; I talked about fame. The Deeney goal is probably more famous than the Glass goal, as it occurred in the era of Sky Sports and social media. Just like Aguero's goal is more famous than Michael Thomas', despite having a similar level of significance.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just like Aguero's goal is more famous than Michael Thomas', despite having a similar level of significance.

More famous than the Thomas goal, have you seen Aguero’s goal in a hit British film? I think not young man. Just because some young oik retweets it doesn’t make it any more famous. Football didn’t start in 1992 

10 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

More famous than the Thomas goal, have you seen Aguero’s goal in a hit British film? I think not young man. Just because some young oik retweets it doesn’t make it any more famous. Football didn’t start in 1992 

Ask the British population which is more famous, and I guarantee you they'll say Aguero's.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ask the British population which is more famous, and I guarantee you they'll say Aguero's.

I've never even heard of the Michael Thomas, Aguero's goal is miles more famous.

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

Had to google him. Way before my time, and I've never even heard the goal referenced. 

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Had to google him. Way before my time, and I've never even heard the goal referenced. 

By all accounts, it was the Aguero goal for the generation before us. With the added importance that they were playing against their title rivals (Liverpool, I believe), although Arsenal hadn't been waiting as long to win the league as City had in 2012.

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I've never even heard of the Michael Thomas, Aguero's goal is miles more famous.

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Has that nasty @Andicis upset you Mucker?
Not upset as such, no.
But he's got to you, hasn't he?
Well, maybe a little, yeah.
Feeling old now, ain't yer?
Erm... Yes mate, just a tad.
Eh listen... Don't you worry about it.  At least you ain't sat there going senile, talking to yoursel... oh wait!