Tommy Smith

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very exciting player. Loved watching him. 

One of my favourite goals was under Burley and included Tommy Smith. I can't remember if he scored it or set it up. But I remember the build up between players. Amazing goal. 

And I didn't realise one of those goals in the clip above was Smith. In my head that was Lupoli that holds off a defender, rounds the keeper and sells a dummy or two. That was my only memory of Lupoli anorl!! Smith might have been even better than I remember then!! 

Wish we had him here for longer at his best. 

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Very exciting player. Loved watching him. 

One of my favourite goals was under Burley and included Tommy Smith. I can't remember if he scored it or set it up. But I remember the build up between players. Amazing goal. 

And I didn't realise one of those goals in the clip above was Smith. In my head that was Lupoli that holds off a defender, rounds the keeper and sells a dummy or two. That was my only memory of Lupoli anorl!! Smith might have been even better than I remember then!! 

Wish we had him here for longer at his best. 

As I remember he went back to Watford believing they had a better chance of promotion.  It was probably a viable decision at that the time , but not such a good choice at the end of the season. I hoped we might re sign when we got promoted, but breathed a sigh of relief when we got Eddie Lewis instead.

There was a thread on Facebook recently where people stated players who they though were overrated. Smith was my choice.

A good player, had some good moments, but his touch was terrible at times. Similar to Jonny Russell. Surprised he got player of the year to be honest. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

What a signing he was. On a free i think. 

Ah that team, all built on free..how much would Tommy, Bisgaard, Reich, Idiakez, Raziak and so on cost us in today market...

21 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Ah that team, all built on free..how much would Tommy, Bisgaard, Reich, Idiakez, Raziak and so on cost us in today market...

Free would still be free, perhaps a lot more in wages though. Rasiak was a Polish international, so would’ve cost a fair bit. Idiakez in his two seasons prior to coming to us played in two teams that were relegated from the second division in Spain to the third. I can’t imagine he would be on mega money. Reich was a unused player in a Germany’s best team at the time. Bisgaard was on the downturn of his career. Smith was always a consistent performer at Watford and Sunderland, not outstanding, but he managed to keep in the top two divisions for a while. I think he had a few cracks at the Premier League but couldn’t ever stick. 

23 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As I remember he went back to Watford believing they had a better chance of promotion.  It was probably a viable decision at that the time , but not such a good choice at the end of the season. I hoped we might re sign when we got promoted, but breathed a sigh of relief when we got Eddie Lewis instead.

Watford were in the Premiership when they signed him 

Archived