Season tickets

Woodley Ram

I want me dosh. I’ve already got Ryanair, aurigny, and others hanging onto my money and stalling on refunds.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if anyone has actually asked for a refund yet?  Be that for this season's remaining games, or their early purchased 20/21 ST?
And I wonder what the club's official response is/was/would be?

I suspect a "No", at this stage, if only due to the T&C's, but once things are settled, and we know what is going to happen next, I suspect "Goodwill" to play a part in their official response.

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

I thought there was a thread on this about 2 months ago were in the small print of the ST contract the club (s) don't have to offer a refund as the non playing of the matches is out of there control, which Covid19 is. 

I think morally lots on here seem to think the club should offer compensation for the 4 games lost. Me I'm not bother about a refund or a voucher for the shop and I think like a few won't renew either because I've enjoyed my time away from it.

If they do restart the season behind closed doors, the Leeds and especially the Florist games will be very strange without any fans there.....Like a training match......in my opinion it's a joke playing behind closed, it's just ticking a box for the money men..

I think the main driver (ahead of money) is to bring the season to fair conclusion. Any other scenario is bound to upset some clubs and possibly result in legal action. Therefore, subject to testing players etc I would agree that playing behind closed doors is the best option and isn’t just a box ticking exercise.

Also, there will no doubt be some that don’t or can’t afford to renew (if their circumstances change) but, I bet there will be many that say no now but, when time comes will not be able to resist. I’m sure it happens most years with some folk going from “I’m not wasting my money on that rubbish anymore” (or something similar) to “what else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon/ Tuesday evening/Sunday lunchtime. I really do love the Rams”

5 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I thought there was a thread on this about 2 months ago were in the small print of the ST contract the club (s) don't have to offer a refund as the non playing of the matches is out of there control, which Covid19 is. 

I think morally lots on here seem to think the club should offer compensation for the 4 games lost. Me I'm not bother about a refund or a voucher for the shop and I think like a few won't renew either because I've enjoyed my time away from it.

If they do restart the season behind closed doors, the Leeds and especially the Florist games will be very strange without any fans there.....Like a training match......in my opinion it's a joke playing behind closed, it's just ticking a box for the money men..

It’ll be piss poor imo if the club shaft the loyal season ticket supporters by using some small print in the terms and conditions. Morally they have to at least offer a partial refund.

Sith Happens

I have an awful feeling my time as a season ticket will be over for the time being. Just cannot see me being able to have a ticket next season even if they open it up as I am sure that some restrictions will remain in place for elderly and the vulnerable which is both my dad and myself.

If we can't got next year I just don't see me getting my Dad to go again as he will be nearly 83 by the time the 2021/22 season starts, he has already started to have frustrations at the amount of traffic that has got worse in recent times and I just think it will be the final nail in the coffin (not literally).

I will be interested to see if they do open it up for some supporters but restrictions remain in place for elderly/vulnerable will the club allow us to buy a new ticket in 21/22 should my Dad say he will go at existing customer prices?

Surely time is running out here

The ST renewal deadline was moved to end of June

We're already at the end of May and they haven't even agreed what happens to THIS season, let alone how things might work next season, so how on earth can they expect anyone to renew a ST until the plans for next season are in place?

27 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

We're already at the end of May and they haven't even agreed what happens to THIS season, let alone how things might work next season, so how on earth can they expect anyone to renew a ST until the plans for next season are in place?

I really can't understand your impatience.

The current renewal deadline isn't until the end of June. That's five weeks away so, they are NOT expecting anyone to renew until things are a little clearer. If plans for next season still haven't been finalised by 30th June, I'm sure they'll extend again.

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I really would be disappointed if they don't just make the deadline the start date (maybe 7 days before) of the new season. Many people wont be in a position to commit based on the group they are in (age/vulnerable etc) as there will be uncertainty.

Or at least give a guarantee should you renew and then find yourself unable to attend because you fall into one of those groups they guarantee a full refund.

30 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

That's because I'm not impatient.

You're welcome

Well the language you used "surely time is running out", "how on earth they can expect anyone to renew....."sounded a tad impatient to me.

You're equally welcome.

58 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I really would be disappointed if they don't just make the deadline the start date (maybe 7 days before) of the new season. Many people wont be in a position to commit based on the group they are in (age/vulnerable etc) as there will be uncertainty.

Or at least give a guarantee should you renew and then find yourself unable to attend because you fall into one of those groups they guarantee a full refund.

I think the renewal deadline needs to be at least a couple of weeks before the start of the new season in order to allow tickets for those not renewing to be made available to new buyers.

Assuming (big assumption, I still think behind closed doors will be the order of the day at least for the first few months) everything is sorted and we're ready to go back end of August that would still allow for the renewals deadline to be put back until the end of July.

I want to renew and probably will, regardless. But ...  I think the club does owe Rams TV to all paid up members while games are being played behind closed doors .. in essence .. there is a game, it is being played, you have a ticket of sorts so you should be able to watch it if a means is available. The other thing is that it might be seen lost revenue but in realty the “cost” is zero. 

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

I want me dosh. I’ve already got Ryanair, aurigny, and others hanging onto my money and stalling on refunds.

It’s interesting isn’t .. I’m after a refund from easy jet. Vouchers only valid for a year and not refundable. .. thing is if they haven’t got the money you’re stuffed. 

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think the renewal deadline needs to be at least a couple of weeks before the start of the new season in order to allow tickets for those not renewing to be made available to new buyers.

Also, it's new cards all round for next season, so they'll need a few weeks to process, activate, and dispatch, I'd have thought.

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Any more news in the offing about season ticket renewal dates i.e. having the  purchase deadlines changed etc ?

I'm sure the club will post it on their website and email us all as soon as they know. Deadline still end of June (5 weeks away) so plenty of time yet. 

Archived