Sign in to follow this  
Woodley Ram

Season tickets

Just to add my thoughts further...

20/21 has not, as yet, been cancelled.  Nor has the start been officially delayed.  Nor is it known whether fans can or cannot attend all/any/some of the games.

Clubs cannot speculate.  As it stands, 20/21 is still going ahead, at the original start date, with fans in attendance.

Yes, It's highly likely to be delayed.
Yes, it's highly likely that fans won't be permitted, at the very least from the start, if not for the whole season.

But, that's all conjecture.  It's all guesswork.  It's all speculation.

Only once things are officially changed, can clubs announce what they are going to do about it.  Full Refunds... Part refunds... Free TV packages... whatever.
They're no doubt discussing and planning right now, but they can't be expected to announce, as there's far too many if's, but's and maybe's. For the 20/21 season, nothing has actually changed, as yet.

Just had an email from West Ham where I'm a season ticket holder. They are offering either a refund for the 5 home matches left or it can knocked off next season's ticket. Won't be much for me though because as an over 65 I pay only £145! Think I'll carry on with the next season ticket hoping that Derby will play there (either in the PL or championship)

20 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Just had an email from West Ham where I'm a season ticket holder. They are offering either a refund for the 5 home matches left or it can knocked off next season's ticket. Won't be much for me though because as an over 65 I pay only £145! Think I'll carry on with the next season ticket hoping that Derby will play there (either in the PL or championship)

Much easier for Prem clubs to make this decision and keep good will know their side - 10-20% of revenue from ticket sales. 50% at Derby.

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

More likely to be West Ham in the championship!

Brilliant offer though I must say

I would like to continue to support the team and would forgo the money but would like the Rams to come up with something as a gesture to the people who have paid .  I respect Mel for the money he has put into the club, his dedication and commitment to Derby so don’t mind if the “package” is financially worth less than what’s left on the season tickets 

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Question 1. Which end would you be in if Derby played West Ham in next seasons play off final. (unlikely I know, we'll be promoted automatically)

Question 2. Where did you sit in 1975 at the Charity Shield match. (no need to answer if your not an old bugger)

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Question 1. Which end would you be in if Derby played West Ham in next seasons play off final. (unlikely I know, we'll be promoted automatically)

Question 2. Where did you sit in 1975 at the Charity Shield match. (no need to answer if your not an old bugger)

I'm only a WHU season ticket holder because a) I live nearby and b) it's so cheap. I was a Rams fan from birth in 1946 (cup year) and a BBG season ticket holder for about 15 years before I moved to London with work 

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well we could be given as cup vouchers.

If you give cup vouchers, then the club has to pay circa 40% to the other team. So that means there is zero income generated but you’ll still have to pay out to the opposition team.

The only sensible ways forward are:

1) a pro rata refund

2) A credit into next seasons ST

3) Individual chooses not to claim back for the five games missed 

4) Offer DCFC TV but comes with complications - only one per household needed and TV games do not allow the club to broadcast their game

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If you give cup vouchers, then the club has to pay circa 40% to the other team. So that means there is zero income generated but you’ll still have to pay out to the opposition team.

The only sensible ways forward are:

1) a pro rata refund

2) A credit into next seasons ST

3) Individual chooses not to claim back for the five games missed 

4) Offer DCFC TV but comes with complications - only one per household needed and TV games do not allow the club to broadcast their game

You would hope the normal rules that apply will be lifted if games are played behind closed doors. The EFL are involved no doubt though in those decisions and we know how difficult they like to make life for clubs and their fans.

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

If we're all in this together lets have half a refund. 

Not an unreasonable request I guess.

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

If we're all in this together lets have half a refund. 

Seems like a reasonable compromise although, personally, I’d prefer no refund but games streamed for free (would like home and away but I would accept home games only if it came down to it).

I thought there was a thread on this about 2 months ago were in the small print of the ST contract the club (s) don't have to offer a refund as the non playing of the matches is out of there control, which Covid19 is. 

I think morally lots on here seem to think the club should offer compensation for the 4 games lost. Me I'm not bother about a refund or a voucher for the shop and I think like a few won't renew either because I've enjoyed my time away from it.

If they do restart the season behind closed doors, the Leeds and especially the Florist games will be very strange without any fans there.....Like a training match......in my opinion it's a joke playing behind closed, it's just ticking a box for the money men..