Season tickets

Woodley Ram

12 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I’m glad you have brought this up. I would like something from the club to explain their situation or what they plan on doing. Also are the club expecting fans to pay out quite a lot of money in these uncertain times to pay players on 10 times the money we are earning and not even get to see the games. What is happening??

Have you not watched the interview with Morris and Pearson where Mel asks for patience?

The club are not expecting fans to “to pay out quite a lot of money” yet in terms of next season (season ticket renewal deadline extension). 

In terms of what we’ve already paid for but may not get to see, I’m sure this is currently being considered.

I don’t have a problem with us all speculating regarding the various options but, we don’t need to be insisting on an answer from the club just yet. PATIENCE. The only exception being, IMO, are those season ticket holders that have already renewed but now unfortunately find themselves in a precarious financial position and need the refund.

For me, regarding remaining games, I’d happily accept free screening of games played behind closed doors for those that have a season ticket (especially if it included away games but that wouldn’t be essential) and no refund. If this wasn’t an option then the club probably should offer a pro rata refund but I wouldn’t be upset if they didn’t but instead offered something like shop discount vouchers or credit for next season.

Next season is a bit messier. If it looks like part or the whole of the season will be behind closed doors I’d accept paying normal amount if home and away were screened for free (to season ticket holders obviously). Free screening to be switched off if/when we can start going again.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

Like I have said some fans are losing jobs and only getting 80% of their wages. We don’t seem to be seeing the rest of the games this season but are we expected to renew based upon this uncertainty as to whether we can go to the games? If the club says it’s beyond their control they can jog on next season until things are within their control.

No one is expected to renew based on uncertainties. That’s why the deadline has been extended. To use your phrase, essentially the club have voluntarily “jogged” on until the position becomes clearer. Just relax and wait to see what happens regarding next season.

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

Fortunately it looks like I didn’t set up a direct debit. 
I think it’s a bit naughty to take the money without prior notification.

Not at all.  Not if that is what you agreed beforehand... which you would have done by agreeing to the T&Cs.

EG1:
The leccy supplier for our office stated our 2 year contract won't automatically roll on.  If we don't agree new contract terms, our supply will continue, but at much higher "non-contract" rates.  We'll therefore renew the contract... or swap to a different supplier... before that 2 years is up.

EG2:
My Sky Sports pass through NOWTV started at the reduced offer rate of £20 per month, for 3 months, but with an auto roll-on after that period, at the standard rate of £33 per month.  It's up to me to cancel that before the higher rate kicks in.

EG3:
My mobile contract was initially for 18 months.  That expired years ago, but it rolled on automatically, and I'm still paying the same per month.  I'd have to physically cancel the agreement, before the DDs will cease.

I see nothing wrong with DCFC auto-renewing DD ST agreements year after year, as that is what is agreed when the customer sets it up.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I auto renew every year so I am currently paying for next season.

The way I see it is, I have always worked out 40 odd quid a month for season ticket, if that money helps keep the club ticking over until we go back to normal then so be it, I dont want the cash back but I do trust the club to put fans right somehow.

As Pearson said in his interviews, Mel has continuously put money into the club and has never taken anything out, as a fan worth about as much as Mikel Beck at 40, this is my way of saying to Mel, thanks, here is my bit.

6 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I think Stephen Pearce referred to it on his interview on ramstv a couple of days ago. Basically they are developing options and asked us to bear with them. It will probably become clearer as it becomes clearer whether the season will be played out, or not, behind closed doors, or not, and what the likely options are for next season. 

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Have you not watched the interview with Morris and Pearson where Mel asks for patience?

The club are not expecting fans to “to pay out quite a lot of money” yet in terms of next season (season ticket renewal deadline extension). 

In terms of what we’ve already paid for but may not get to see, I’m sure this is currently being considered.

I don’t have a problem with us all speculating regarding the various options but, we don’t need to be insisting on an answer from the club just yet. PATIENCE. The only exception being, IMO, are those season ticket holders that have already renewed but now unfortunately find themselves in a precarious financial position and need the refund.

For me, regarding remaining games, I’d happily accept free screening of games played behind closed doors for those that have a season ticket (especially if it included away games but that wouldn’t be essential) and no refund. If this wasn’t an option then the club probably should offer a pro rata refund but I wouldn’t be upset if they didn’t but instead offered something like shop discount vouchers or credit for next season.

Next season is a bit messier. If it looks like part or the whole of the season will be behind closed doors I’d accept paying normal amount if home and away were screened for free (to season ticket holders obviously). Free screening to be switched off if/when we can start going again.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No one is expected to renew based on uncertainties. That’s why the deadline has been extended. To use your phrase, essentially the club have voluntarily “jogged” on until the position becomes clearer. Just relax and wait to see what happens regarding next season.

Unless I've mis-read anything, I agree with every single word of each post above.

We have to be patient.  Nobody knows what is happening with the footy yet, so no decisions on refunds etc can be realistically expected as yet.

I haven't renewed yet.  I will renew in the latest available week to ensure my "Early bird" best price.  That week has currently been extended from end of April to end of June (I think that's right!).  If that remains, that's when I'll renew.  It may even get extended later.  Who knows, at this stage!  
If we "have to renew" before we even know what's happening next season, then so be it.  I'll take the risk. 
As @MackworthRamIsGod says above, I trust the club to do right by us... once they know what the hell is going on!   

Just dropping this in here for those that haven’t seen it as they talk about ticket money, what the revenue means to clubs as well as working out options and calling for patience from season ticket holders.

46 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Unless I've mis-read anything, I agree with every single word of each post above.

We have to be patient.  Nobody knows what is happening with the footy yet, so no decisions on refunds etc can be realistically expected as yet.

I haven't renewed yet.  I will renew in the latest available week to ensure my "Early bird" best price.  That week has currently been extended from end of April to end of June (I think that's right!).  If that remains, that's when I'll renew.  It may even get extended later.  Who knows, at this stage!  
If we "have to renew" before we even know what's happening next season, then so be it.  I'll take the risk. 
As @MackworthRamIsGod says above, I trust the club to do right by us... once they know what the hell is going on!   

You're talking far too much sense for a Friday morning.

I'm absolutely with you. 

There is a good article on the BBC about the impact of corona virus on lower league clubs and the way some fans in League Two are rallying to the cause and forgoing refunds on their cancelled matches in order to help their clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52680375

There will always be a combination of people who see their ticket purely as a financial transaction that they will exercise their consumer rights to protect, and those that see it as more of an emotional investment that they are willing to forgo if it helps 'their' club survive. (A third group may fall into the latter category but are forced by economic circumstances to be less charitable.)

I think it's a choice for every individual and there's no right or wrong.

Just a little aside, we had tickets for a Forest Green Rovers game on the Saturday that football was suspended. When League Two was cancelled earlier this week my husband wrote to the club telling them we didn't want the money back (it was only about £42.) He explained we were visiting as part of our attempt to visit as many League Grounds as possible so no other loyalty to their club.

They wrote back to thank us and said to let them know if we had another chance to visit as they would like to meet us and give us a full tour of the ground and facilities.  Ok, it's not The Emirates, but I thought it was a really kind gesture at a difficult time.

9 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I think Stephen Pearce referred to it on his interview on ramstv a couple of days ago. Basically they are developing options and asked us to bear with them. It will probably become clearer as it becomes clearer whether the season will be played out, or not, behind closed doors, or not, and what the likely options are for next season. 

I haven’t seen anything, thanks for information.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I hadn’t seen anything from the club but thanks for updating me.

As far as the free screening goes  I feel a household with 1 season ticket holder comes out of this a lot better than a household with 3 season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

I hadn’t seen anything from the club but thanks for updating me.

As far as the free screening goes  I feel a household with 1 season ticket holder comes out of this a lot better than a household with 3 season ticket holders.

A household with three season ticket holders isn't really losing out though are they? And a household with only 1 isn't gaining anymore. The principle is the same: if you have a ST you get to see the games for free regardless of how many ST holders there are in the house. What you're suggesting would involve the three ST holders effectively sharing one ticket which, in my mind, isn't quite the right thing to be doing.

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not at all.  Not if that is what you agreed beforehand... which you would have done by agreeing to the T&Cs.

EG1:
The leccy supplier for our office stated our 2 year contract won't automatically roll on.  If we don't agree new contract terms, our supply will continue, but at much higher "non-contract" rates.  We'll therefore renew the contract... or swap to a different supplier... before that 2 years is up.

EG2:
My Sky Sports pass through NOWTV started at the reduced offer rate of £20 per month, for 3 months, but with an auto roll-on after that period, at the standard rate of £33 per month.  It's up to me to cancel that before the higher rate kicks in.

EG3:
My mobile contract was initially for 18 months.  That expired years ago, but it rolled on automatically, and I'm still paying the same per month.  I'd have to physically cancel the agreement, before the DDs will cease.

I see nothing wrong with DCFC auto-renewing DD ST agreements year after year, as that is what is agreed when the customer sets it up.

Agree contractually they have not done anything wrong but morally, taking money when A) This season will be played behind closed doors and B) They don't know when next season will commence or if that will be played with fans, is probably wrong.

On the terms of giving ST holders access to RamsTV for games - the contractual dispute here may be if games are on Sky then they may not permit them to be on RamsTV - so again, there are many complications behind it.

I'm still for the club issuing a Season Ticket for 2/3/4/5 years (with a clause in there for a refund if games are behind closed doors next season). I think if they offered a decent discount, you will find fans taking them up on this offer. I'm actually surprised its not being done more across the country.

35 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agree contractually they have not done anything wrong but morally, taking money when A) This season will be played behind closed doors and B) They don't know when next season will commence or if that will be played with fans, is probably wrong.

I'm not even convinced they've done anything immoral, either.

19/20 STs were already purchased and in use.  I am absolutely convinced that if and when we finally know the outcome... which is looking highly likely that it will be games played but with no fans... then they can come back to us with their offers/suggestions/options etc.  I'm also convinced that somewhere in those options will be a pro rata refund for the games we are unable to attend, perhaps less a standard admin fee.
Offering us such a (part) refund at this stage doesn't make sense.  How many of us would take it right now, today?  What if come next Monday, it's announced that games are going ahead, with supporters?  The guy that has just had a refund today will now have to pay full match day price for the remaining games, and he will not only feel like a mug, but will probably look like one too!
No... lets just wait to see what happens next, before demanding/requesting/expecting refund and/or other offers to be on the table.

20/21 STs are still on sale, yes.  Anyone who has bought one in the past 7 weeks (ish?) are a tad silly, in my opinion, because as you rightly say, nobody knows if, when, how and why the next season will kick off!  But they would have done so voluntarily.  Those that have already paid for their 20/21 ST (Pre-Covid for the vast majority, I assume?) have been a tad unlucky, in fairness, but again, it was voluntary.  DCFC has never forced anyone to buy a ST.

But again... ONCE WE KNOW what will be happening for next season... I have every faith in the club to do right by us.  Even if all 20/21 games are going to be watched in front of a live stadium audience, but... merely as an example... not start until November, I'd still trust the club to refund anyone (who has already purchased), simply because the terms have changed since they purchased (The late start).

We really need to wait.  Not one single football club yet know what is going to happen next.  Once they do, and they let the fans down/treat us like poo/rip us off, then hey, I'll be right there 5lagging them off... but it's simply too early for now, be that for accusations of fraud/rip-off's/illegalities, or even immoralities.

15 hours ago, RamNut said:

Fortunately it looks like I didn’t set up a direct debit. 
I think it’s a bit naughty to take the money without prior notification.

If you pay monthly you have a DD, if you pay outright you don’t. 

It’s not naughty, they tell you in your renewal letter that you’ll be auto renewed if you pay monthly. 

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

A household with three season ticket holders isn't really losing out though are they? And a household with only 1 isn't gaining anymore. The principle is the same: if you have a ST you get to see the games for free regardless of how many ST holders there are in the house. What you're suggesting would involve the three ST holders effectively sharing one ticket which, in my mind, isn't quite the right thing to be doing.

Yeah but my missus can watch the games and she hasn’t got a season ticket and the only player she knows is Rooney and she hates him. 

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not even convinced they've done anything immoral, either.

19/20 STs were already purchased and in use.  I am absolutely convinced that if and when we finally know the outcome... which is looking highly likely that it will be games played but with no fans... then they can come back to us with their offers/suggestions/options etc.  I'm also convinced that somewhere in those options will be a pro rata refund for the games we are unable to attend, perhaps less a standard admin fee.
Offering us such a (part) refund at this stage doesn't make sense.  How many of us would take it right now, today?  What if come next Monday, it's announced that games are going ahead, with supporters?  The guy that has just had a refund today will now have to pay full match day price for the remaining games, and he will not only feel like a mug, but will probably look like one too!
No... lets just wait to see what happens next, before demanding/requesting/expecting refund and/or other offers to be on the table.

20/21 STs are still on sale, yes.  Anyone who has bought one in the past 7 weeks (ish?) are a tad silly, in my opinion, because as you rightly say, nobody knows if, when, how and why the next season will kick off!  But they would have done so voluntarily.  Those that have already paid for their 20/21 ST (Pre-Covid for the vast majority, I assume?) have been a tad unlucky, in fairness, but again, it was voluntary.  DCFC has never forced anyone to buy a ST.

But again... ONCE WE KNOW what will be happening for next season... I have every faith in the club to do right by us.  Even if all 20/21 games are going to be watched in front of a live stadium audience, but... merely as an example... not start until November, I'd still trust the club to refund anyone (who has already purchased), simply because the terms have changed since they purchased (The late start).

We really need to wait.  Not one single football club yet know what is going to happen next.  Once they do, and they let the fans down/treat us like poo/rip us off, then hey, I'll be right there 5lagging them off... but it's simply too early for now, be that for accusations of fraud/rip-off's/illegalities, or even immoralities.

The DD money they are taking now is for next season, this season has been paid for already. 

So my morality question is taking DD money for a season which they can’t give a start date for, or confirm if fans will be able to attend. I think they should have postponed DD’s. 

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The DD money they are taking now is for next season, this season has been paid for already. 

So my morality question is taking DD money for a season which they can’t give a start date for, or confirm if fans will be able to attend. I think they should have postponed DD’s. 

Yes.  I'm aware what they are doing, and what the DD payments are for.
I haven't checked, but I'd assume I could go on line now, and renew my ST (for 20/21), paying in full here and now?  I'd be surprised if they have currently suspended that option.

Everyone who purchased a single ST by DD for the current 19/20 season was... or should have been, as it's all there in black and white... fully aware that they will automatically be renewing for 20/21, and that DD payments will be taken out accordingly... all unless they specifically and deliberately opt out. 
Admittedly, as this doesn't affect me, I know nothing about respective dates etc, but I'd be mightily surprised to learn that all those that paid for this season (19/20) by DD were unaware when their 20/21 DD payments would start to go out, and/or any cut off dates for opting out in time.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if such practice was illegal or against some financial ombudsman personal credit guidance doodah! (I've no idea what it's called... can you tell!)

As for the bold bit, that applies to all fans, presumably for all clubs, at present, regardless of payment method.  I'm not aware of any football clubs that have suspended the sale of their ST's for 20/21.  That's not to say none have, of course.  CBA to Google it though, if I'm honest.

Archived