Season tickets

Woodley Ram

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Big Trav said:

So will sky show all our games on like a red button system?? Or will it be rams tv??

I'm hoping free on rams tv to season ticket holders,  it could be both maybe 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Neither do I but you don't need them. You can just buy a one month or one week pass as I have done several times in the past (you may need Now TV for the Sky pass but not for BT games).

Shame your dad wont get the passes given it's cheaper than going to the matches. Not the same atmosphere but obviously going to games isn't an option.

A one month BT Sports pass cost £25 which is less than the cost of one of you going to an away game. Sods law for you would be if most games were on Sky and you don't have Now TV.

I have used NowTV for football (while the seasons on) , it works out cheaper (even though monthly it is expensive) when compared to taking  sky/bt / virgin , however the new downside is the red button games , you cannot watch them on NowTV as it is a streaming service , so it is unlikely that all Derby games will be on this ,

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Why so?

Based on the following assumptions:

1) We get a pro-rata refund for the remaining 4 games

2) Derby games are spread over Sky, BT and Freeview

3) The season is completed within 2 months (8 weeks)

4) There are no special offers

5) I would have gone to at least 2 more away games

This is my plan, which I hope will work:

• Season ticket refund                                                          = £85
  • Money saved on parking for home games                        = £30
  • Money saved on not buying tickets for 2 away games      = £60
  • Travel costs saved from not attending away games           = £20 
  •                                                                       TOTAL SAVED = £195

• Cost of weekly Sky Sports pass for 8 weeks                       = £119
  • Cost of month BT Sports pass for 2 months                       =  £50
  •                                                                      TOTAL COST   = £169

There must be a flaw in my plan but, if not, then whilst nothing beats being at the game live, financials don't seem to be a barrier to watching all remaining games (even if we don't get a full pro-rata refund and, I've not included the cost of petrol). The financials look even better if there is more than one season ticket holder in the household.

They aren’t going to be on BT when BT don’t have any rights to the EFL. 

My hunch is they’re all on Sky red button (same as midweek) with the one camera with club streaming services showing their full production with multiple cameras as normal to subscribers. Season ticket holders more than likely given free access to the streaming service of their club. 

14 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

They aren’t going to be on BT when BT don’t have any rights to the EFL. 

My hunch is they’re all on Sky red button (same as midweek) with the one camera with club streaming services showing their full production with multiple cameras as normal to subscribers. Season ticket holders more than likely given free access to the streaming service of their club. 

Ah, you’re right. I was thinking of the Premier League.

I also think/hope your prediction regarding season ticket holders will be correct.

The coverage on the Sky red button is embarrassingly poor with one camera , no in game replays & no half time/full time replays

In comparison, the Rams TV coverage is top notch with multiple cameras and replays

Lets hope it's made available to UK residents

18 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

The coverage on the Sky red button is embarrassingly poor with one camera , no in game replays & no half time/full time replays

In comparison, the Rams TV coverage is top notch with multiple cameras and replays

Lets hope it's made available to UK residents

It's by design. EFL mandated Sky could only have one camera feed so more money could go to clubs by buying a better product.

Though of course, if you can view it on red button in the UK, you can also buy it from Rams TV. I have Sky but opt for Rams TV just for the better coverage.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You can take a rubber dinghy across the channel and it'll still be cheaper than paying for Sky and BT

I only ever buy single game, weekly or monthly passes. I don't think I'd ever subscribe for anything more. 

Mind you, not having to listen to Edworthy makes them more attractive. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

If anyone has a look what the owners of Sunderland are trying to do to season ticket owners  - they have the two Amigos in charge it seems 

Have you watched the Sunderland til I die 2nd season? 1 of their owners is a complete plonker, the other one seems to just want success, a little like Mel Morris.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If anyone has a look what the owners of Sunderland are trying to do to season ticket owners  - they have the two Amigos in charge it seems 

So season ticket holders who have paid for next year wont get a refund at all they will just get a pass to watch a stream.

Have the EFL even said they will relax the rule allowing home games to be streamed?, in one of the Q&A they stated 'The availability of the service to UK and international subscribers will continue to be determined by EFL broadcasting regulations. ', so maybe not. So maybe they are giving all season ticket holders a free stream pass provided they can get a cheap flight to somewhere...

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

So season ticket holders who have paid for next year wont get a refund at all they will just get a pass to watch a stream.

Have the EFL even said they will relax the rule allowing home games to be streamed?, in one of the Q&A they stated 'The availability of the service to UK and international subscribers will continue to be determined by EFL broadcasting regulations. ', so maybe not. So maybe they are giving all season ticket holders a free stream pass provided they can get a cheap flight to somewhere...

I would suggest what they are intending is commercially unlawful 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Immoral but probably not unlawful I would suspect. I’m sure their lawyers would have been consulted.

If people want a cash refund then they should get it not just a bit of a stream ( even worse if there are four people who have paid for season tickets for one stream) they are trying to do it for next season as well 

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If people want a cash refund then they should get it not just a bit of a stream ( even worse if there are four people who have paid for season tickets for one stream) they are trying to do it for next season as well 

I agree, morally they should but whether they are legally entitled depends on the terms of conditions. Maybe it's like the airline companies and the coronavirus. People are entitled to a refund but are only being offered a voucher initially.

As you'd expect from a one season ticket household, I'm not really sure that multi season ticket households should be treated any differently. They're not really being disadvantaged. 

Archived