Clubs threatening to sue EFL over Derby's FFP situation

Andicis

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

unlike Sheffield Wednesday who are accused of manipulating the dates of the sale to fit past financial seasons as well as paying for it in £7.5 million instalments with no yearly rent to be paid.

Will be interesting when the next accounts come out to see how much of the £80m Derby County have actually received...

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

If we get docked points what could we sue Gibson for exactly? We’d of been found guilty.

The EFL in my opinion are running scared of making a decision as it would have to be 100% water tight.  Seems we have had guidance from the EFL along the years and that will ultimately bite them on the arsenal.

Because of gibson our good name been drag through the dirt because of this.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Dont think we have had a good name in football for about 5 years now.

I dont know about that a number of people have said what big club we are with a fanstic support base and great factlies. 

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont know about that a number of people have said what big club we are with a fanstic support base and great factlies. 

We have been in the Championship for 13 years, we are not even close to being a big club.

Our support is good.

Our facilities are fantastic.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

We have been in the Championship for 13 years, we are not even close to being a big club.

Our support is good.

Our facilities are fantastic.

Big club is such a generic thing. What defines a big club? Is it trophies? Is it attendance? Is it current position? There is no specific thing. It doesn't mean anything.

Just now, Andicis said:

Big club is such a generic thing. What defines a big club? Is it trophies? Is it attendance? Is it current position? There is no specific thing. It doesn't mean anything.

Well if it's any of the 3 above it would just underline that we are not a big club!

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if it's any of the 3 above it would just underline that we are not a big club!

Who do you consider a big club? We're an above average sized club, not a huge one, but I just find the whole big club thing inane and vague. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Who do you consider a big club? We're an above average sized club, not a huge one, but I just find the whole big club thing inane and vague. 

It's funny becaus the premier league is made up of 20 of the current best teams in England, but 60% of those wouldnt be fit to lace the boots of the likes of Derby, Leeds, Sheff Weds, Sunderland, Dirty Dogs.

Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Norwich off the top of my head, non of which are big clubs, but you cannot argue with their recent record (being a bit harsh to Norwich who have been consistently better than Derby for many years).

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's funny becaus the premier league is made up of 20 of the current best teams in England, but 60% of those wouldnt be fit to lace the boots of the likes of Derby, Leeds, Sheff Weds, Sunderland, Dirty Dogs.

Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Norwich off the top of my head, non of which are big clubs, but you cannot argue with their recent record (being a bit harsh to Norwich who have been consistently better than Derby for many years).

I agree with you, personally. Being in the higher league at the moment, or having the most money doesn't make you the biggest club.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea.

Level below them Tottenham, Everton.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Personally wouldn't consider Chelsea or City as big as Leeds to be quite honest. They're rich, but they're not big clubs. 

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Everton for me are a bigger club than Man City. They'd won less than us in the last 50 years till recently. Chelsea aren't a big club , A club that there fans would think should be in the top division granted, but till Matthew Harding they'd only ever won a turnip at the local raffle compared to some Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

Seeing as Arsenal owe there promotion in 1919 to Derby County we must be huge.

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

The amount of armchair fans defines the club size. So it's all about the brand... luckily Apple is not a football team, their supporters are even more brand loyal to shitty product than Notts forest fans.

I am with @B4ev6is on his comments about the club. 

The media might not like us, but generally speaking, supporters of other clubs we meet at away days are complimentary of DCFC and their history and tradition. I think it does still count for something amongst match-attending fans.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

The amount of armchair fans defines the club size. So it's all about the brand... luckily Apple is not a football team, their supporters are even more brand loyal to shitty product than Notts forest fans.

Apple tech is soooooo last year.

Why do people go to Apple shops in their hundreds and huddle, I dont get it?

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Big or little it’s all irrelevant nowadays it’s about how much money you earn 

Sadly, that's right. I've grown to hate the money side of football. I realise it's professional sport, and that the money is vital, but I still think it's just gone nuts.

Sad thing is, there are Derby fans, well, fans of all clubs, who want their team to do well, get promoted etc etc . Exactly as it should be, but there are some who only seem to want that to happen because it means MORE money. 

It's like chasing the money has become more important than the actual game itself. 

I suppose the truth is, that it has.

I was 16 when we last won the league. I don't remember even for a second , thinking about the financial side of it. Maybe it's an age thing !

Archived