Clubs threatening to sue EFL over Derby's FFP situation

Andicis

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamNut said:

We got ourselves into this mess by massively over spending.

If we have over spent, there is no proof of this yet. Then only 1 man to blame, the owner he gives the OK to all this, also paying off managers was not a good idea. 

5 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed and you are quite right with your other points too. Hopefully the EFL will be also be held accountable for their mismanagement of the whole situation. The fact they've appealed against the Birmingham review smacks of a witch hunt to me. Where does the appealing end if they can't accept an independent review?

Isn't this the second time the EFL have appealed the decision?

35 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

If we have over spent, there is no proof of this yet. Then only 1 man to blame, the owner he gives the OK to all this, also paying off managers was not a good idea. 

I'm guessing he means overspending in relation to our income rather than in relation to P&S

12 hours ago, Andicis said:
Thought I'd start a new thread on this rather than drag up the other one, but if mods want to merge the threads that's okay. 

Barnsley co-owner and Luton chief executive quoted speaking about it. Seems like sour grapes to me, but I hope this doesn't push them to punish us.

All nonsense from a desperate press with nothing to publish.

Even if all 3 are found guilty, there will be no punishment this season anyway. All 3 clubs will appeal. Any punishment will take place next season.

File under #ignore.

57 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Hardly breaking news and doesn’t mean we’ve actually broken any rules.

stop blaming other clubs. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

All nonsense from a desperate press with nothing to publish.

Even if all 3 are found guilty, there will be no punishment this season anyway. All 3 clubs will appeal. Any punishment will take place next season.

File under #ignore.

isn't this like renting a house and then complaining that the neighbours have sold theirs because they actually bought theirs.  All 3 of their grounds are owned by the council, 2 of them used to own them previously.  Independent valuation was used.   

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Isn't this the second time the EFL have appealed the decision?

I'm not sure if it is second time they've appealed but if so that confounds my believe that it's a witch hunt. Surely once it's been independently reviewed then that should be the end of the matter. I think it's time for a radical overhaul of the current EFL setup. Step forward Mr Morris the new head honcho of the EF-Mel.

Sith Happens

EFL annual christmas party if they succeed with their charges against Derby and the other clubs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHP4OcqQHonyEfUkokPRr

EFL annual christmas party if they fail

image.jpg

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Strange comment.

How am I am blaming other clubs? I'm just talking about whether we've broken EFL rules. I never mention any other clubs. 

Not you personally,

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

So Cardiff City the club that are known as Cheatdiff for not paying debts and reneging on the Sala deal after the tragic accident. Yeh we can really take lessons from that beacon of light football club 

The same Cardiff who couldn't even post a profit in there Premier League season despite income jumping up by £90m - £0.8m loss after making a profit on sales of £2.1m.
The same Cardiff who only passed FFP/P&S in the period ending 2018 because they used a 'loophole' reducing their losses by £29.3m. This was for "Unrealised surplus on revaluation of stadium". Without this, I believe they would have failed FFP/P&S by roughly £25m.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

blame gibson for this and if efl dock us points I think mel should sue efl and gibson as well for damages.

If we get docked points what could we sue Gibson for exactly? We’d of been found guilty.

The EFL in my opinion are running scared of making a decision as it would have to be 100% water tight.  Seems we have had guidance from the EFL along the years and that will ultimately bite them on the arsenal.

Archived