Clubs threatening to sue EFL over Derby's FFP situation

Andicis

Thought I'd start a new thread on this rather than drag up the other one, but if mods want to merge the threads that's okay. 

Barnsley co-owner and Luton chief executive quoted speaking about it. Seems like sour grapes to me, but I hope this doesn't push them to punish us.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Thought I'd start a new thread on this rather than drag up the other one, but if mods want to merge the threads that's okay. 

Barnsley co-owner and Luton chief executive quoted speaking about it. Seems like sour grapes to me, but I hope this doesn't push them to punish us.

Balls to em. We can buy Kenilworth road and use it fly tip Anya, it will improve it.  We can buy Oakwell and use there seats to make our ground bigger seeing as we're the only ones that fill the ground anyway. This league is getting right on my tits. Full of whinging no marks, North east chairmen that look like a bad Leo Sayer tribute and run by the Homer Simpson school of Accounting.

Sith Happens

I think the clubs are right to take issue with the EFL.

It may well transpire that none of the clubs mentioned receive points deductions, but that absolute blame for this lies with the EFL. What have they, or their independent panel been doing? Its now over 4 months since they announced Derby were being referred to an independent panel, for it to not yet have been reviewed is an absolute joke, shows utter incompetence.

Perhaps if the EFL did accept the findings of the panel, such as the Birmingham review, and not challenge it if it doesn't go their way then no one would be in the mess they are.

If any of the clubs do get a points deduction that would have meant they dropped into the bottom 3 HAD it been done in a timely manner then the clubs concerned have every right to be annoyed.

The EFL are clearly not fit for purpose to govern the game outside the premier league and there has to be an thorough investigation into their activities also in my opinion.

Sith Happens
Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

These clubs that are whingeing are missing one vital point in all this. We as yet have not been found guilty of any charges alleged. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Agree with this, it should have been dealt with by now though.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Agree with this, it should have been dealt with by now though.

Agreed and you are quite right with your other points too. Hopefully the EFL will be also be held accountable for their mismanagement of the whole situation. The fact they've appealed against the Birmingham review smacks of a witch hunt to me. Where does the appealing end if they can't accept an independent review?

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Balls to em. We can buy Kenilworth road and use it fly tip Anya, it will improve it.  We can buy Oakwell and use there seats to make our ground bigger seeing as we're the only ones that fill the ground anyway. This league is getting right on my tits. Full of whinging no marks, North east chairmen that look like a bad Leo Sayer tribute and run by the Homer Simpson school of Accounting.

Stop mincing words, get to the point, speak your mind. Bottling it up never helped anyone. 

Eeh by gum, another club whining.

If Barnsley go down they should accept they haven’t been good enough this season. 

Sick of hearing clubs near the bottom looking for escape routes out of relegation, Hull are now banging on about voiding the season, not let’s delay it until it’s safe to do so and next season will be pushed back, just void it. Why? They are 2 points outside the bottom 3.

Barnsley, you’re goin down’t League 1, accept it. 

Lots of self interest going on currently in the championship which unfortunately will lead to very poor communication in the future.

most other clubs seem not sure about our situation in terms of being accused of paying an inflated price for pride park ( very difficult to prove ) and then having how we value our players declared wrong ( despite being declared ok) 

unlike Sheffield Wednesday who are accused of manipulating the dates of the sale to fit past financial seasons as well as paying for it in £7.5 million instalments with no yearly rent to be paid.

unfortunately in Derby’s case our owner actually has the money to pay the bills even if they are to high ( which may well not be the case with Sheffield Wednesday) but both clubs have been trying to compete against all the clubs with parachute payments which is dreadfully difficult.

as a side note I have a potential solution to the problem of parachute payments if they have to continue in future - if clubs want to receive those parachute payments then they can but they all have to declare if they are going to receive them at the beginning of the season and if they do then each club either relegated from the premiership or promoted from league one ( still possible eg Wigan, Sunderland) will start the season on minus 12 points.

There is an easy solution to this.

The EFL just have to find all three clubs not guilty, therefore no points deductions will apply next season and therefore there will be no litigation.

Job done.

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

There is an easy solution to this.

The EFL just have to find all three clubs not guilty, therefore no points deductions will apply next season and therefore there will be no litigation.

Job done.

The legal profession will find a loophole. They need the work ?

Hang on a minute... We've not been found guilty of anything and, as far as I'm aware, the EFL were consulted by Derby County throughout any deals that we've done. I don't see how points deductions can be considered.

Barnsley, Luton and Hull are grasping at straws here. I'm pretty sure if they could afford a few 'big names' to give them a chance of not getting relegated, then they'd take it.

Also, if this is the precedent they're going to take, this pandemic is probably going to result in half of the teams in the EFL being given points deductions in the next couple of years (unless they temporarily 'scrap' FFP).

35 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Very interesting. Although, it's not surprising. 

I would like to think we're not in trouble, but we're chasing an American billionaire for 'investment' which was later described as a financial loan so the warning signs are there. We will see when this all falls out, I guess, but we seem to be one of the more high risk clubs in football. 

Archived