Stefano Eranio

Danelaw Rams

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

What a team that was - my first season ticket years. It was such a fun time to be a Derby fan, even the pundits and press loved us. Eranio and Baiano were just class

His and Baiano's link up play was on a different level to anything we'd seen up to that point. I remember in the 3-0 home win against Arsenal they had Adams and co. chasing shadows.

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And big characters. Tough to manage I bet but they produced the best stuff!

Stimac - great signing but relatively unknown - wanchope a gamble but a great one - Eranio - well Italian international who had won everything - a great right back all his career but when we played him there it was a total waste of talent, so into midfield he went.

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And big characters. Tough to manage I bet but they produced the best stuff!

That was the thing about Jimmy Smith. Man management was one of his key attributes and I think the players responded to that. 

I saw him do something I am still not sure is possible, at Gloucester City in  a Friendly pre-season.

He chased a hoof into the corner and at full tilt as it came over his shoulder caught it in his instep put it down in the corner d and ran on into the fence, turned round and lifted it over the sliding Gloucester defender who took out the corner flag.

The defender looked straight at me with an expression that said "What the F happened there - where did he go"

It was amazing

Archived