Sign in to follow this  
B4ev6is

Could nigel clough come back to Derby scoting team

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Gresley Rovers? Take them to the National league. 

Never knew they were in League two already?

On 19/05/2020 at 08:49, Ramchop said:

I think Nige will end up at a club that badly needs stabilising, dead wood trimmed, and a few years of mediocrity. There's not exactly a shortage of these teams in the Championship and League 1

Have a feeling he will end up at Sunderland.

Would he bring Gary Crosby with him, get him the job as kit man or something, Martin Taylor the tea boy as well?

He’s only 54, plenty of years left in him as manager so why would he drop back into a scouting or any kind of office job? Makes no sense and correct me if I’m wrong, he’s not been that complimentary of the club since he left.

I wouldn't really want Nigel back at the club in any capacity. Sorry, can see he did a good job for us in difficult circumstances but I was more than ready for a change when he left.

I hope he gets fixed up somewhere else that suits him and his team - if that's what he wants. Shouldn't think he needs to ever work again unless he chooses to and he's never struck me as particularly ambitious.

Posted (edited)

There is a cast-iron fact about Nigel Clough:

Each Club that he and his team has been at has been re-built on solid foundations and left with very strong financial and playing credentials. He turned Derby County around and then he turned Sheff Utd around and Burton Albion, a Club that I was associated with in the 1980’s, are remarkably now a solid League Club. So, I believe that there’s still time for Nigel and his associates to just go that little bit further and achieve even more than hitherto. And, final point, I don’t begrudge Nigel having a little bit of disappointment {though he shows great dignity} at the way the then hierarchy treated him at the end of his Derby County time. He deserved better given what he did here and how he re-floated a bloated and sinking ship and set us up to compete again. For me, he is a master craftsman, and stands out in football against the rest who comprise in the main, a group of dilettantes, chancers, short-cut merchants and Fancy-Dans. 

Edited by Ellafella

On 19/05/2020 at 08:49, Ramchop said:

I think Nige will end up at a club that badly needs stabilising, dead wood trimmed, and a few years of mediocrity. There's not exactly a shortage of these teams in the Championship and League 1

Sounds like Forest it is then.

Well I just thinking he is working on a tight budget but just thinking in case he did not fancy another manager job at the moment.

From a club management point of view I wouldn't mind seeing him back. I thought the set up he had with Tom Glick and Appleby was working well and yes he turned the squad around and made it workmanlike. 

Yes he was cautious and conservative and I know there are staff at the club who couldn't stand him. 

I can't see us taking him back and I hope cocu's 2nd season will proof fruitful.