Sky: Define Irony

FindernRam

Sky have been "credited" by many for causing the huge disparities in revenue between the various leagues (other broadcasters also played their part). Now if reports are true they are possibly going to ask for a refund of some payments, which could cause a cataclysmic change in the financial status of many clubs.

Could even get us back to pre Prem League status.

Sky giveth and Sky taketh away!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on about this last night. Sky allegedly citing lack of fans/ambience/atmosphere as reason for refund even if the season is completed. 

so the company that shows complete disregard for stadium attending supporters when changing dates and times of kick off, now thinks supporters matter ??‍♂️

Saw this last night on BBC sport and I’m well confused. How would sky have any right to demand any money back if the season plays out and they still get to broadcast their contracted games? I mean, I can understand them wanting a refund if the season finished now and they missed out on revenue from 40 odd games, but on what basis could they want a refund if the season finishes as planned? Surely with no fans in grounds, the viewing numbers will actually increase and they’ll end up with even more advertising revenue as a result.

If anything, it strikes me that they’re almost underpaying for the broadcasting rights for the remaining games. They seem to be in one of the strongest positions in my eyes through all this mess, and look to be one of the companies potentially set to gain from the changes put in place - they should be delighted, not demanding a refund?!

Archived