Nostalgia

Angry Ram

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Found this in a scrapbook my old man kept for me, not a match program but some sort of Ram champions special.

6685DCB0-9B71-4EE9-AE0F-BCE0B5629BB4.jpeg

I’ve always thought the Club should decorate the concourses with old copies of the Ram’s newspaper. A sort of historical picture montage. 

44 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Doesn’t that give the answer to the question about the Ossie end that @loweman2 posed the other week? 

Yeah it does and in full on page 3. I’ve got loads of them in the loft going right back into the 70s, this one was right on top. Picked it out because of the game rather than the Ossie bit. 
Spent hours up there scanning through them. Just wish I had taken better care of them. Some real memories up there. 

The last 10 seconds of this video ?........ we need this blasting out more at Pride park when we get back 

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What a night that was. 

I thought the Ley stand was going to fall down when the penalty went in ! 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

The last 10 seconds of this video ?........ we need this blasting out more at Pride park when we get back 

Its sang noticeably slower and with more feeling....drives me mad that we sing it so quickly nowadays.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Missed you tonight. We had another young person visit - you'd have been right at home! 

Who was that?

I'm swamped with uni work at the minute and it had gone 5 o'clock when David reminded me. I've got exams over the next three weeks too, so it might be a little while before you see me!

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Who was that?

I'm swamped with uni work at the minute and it had gone 5 o'clock when David reminded me. I've got exams over the next three weeks too, so it might be a little while before you see me!

Blimey,  you young people these days work too hard! (But well done for taking it seriously.)

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its sang noticeably slower and with more feeling....drives me mad that we sing it so quickly nowadays.

Indeed. Wasn't until my now wife went to first game she pointed out it was 'we are sailing' tune. Slow it down!

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Never seen that before. Incredible scenes.

Couple of points though....Bobby was not through at all for the free kick that lead to the penalty. If he had blasted it in from there, it would have been a wonder goal.

And that penalty was surely the worst decision ever! Where did the ref dream that one up from?

How critical was that game in terms of promotion/winning the league?

Archived