v Schalke 04 (H) Match Thread

Duracell

Weird feeling to have football back. Bit unreal.

As I follow Bundesliga quite a lot, I thought to pick up some players to follow from this game. Maybe I should skip the Borussia's team as everyone knows them, right? ?

Schalke's playmaker Amine Harit would be awesome player if he wouldn't use the outside of the foot so much... His technique sets him apart from his teammates and unforunately he has the ability to roll on the ground a lot as well. Another pick is their goalie, Nübel, who'll move to Bayern München this summer. He has some reactions and those should be tested today. Obviously their captain is someone we all know, Omar Mascarell. He plays behind Harit and carries the defensive duties. Young RW Rabbi Matondo is already Welsh international and continues the footsteps of Sancho. Schalke paid a lot to get him, but the risk has paid off. When they decide to sell him, they'll make a good profit.

Personally, I'd love to see Malick Thiaw playing as his mother is Finnish so he has passport and gateway to our national team...  I'm afraid he will choose Germany though, he is that promising that their national team is realistic aim. 18-year old tall CB, who is proper wonderkid. He has been compared to Jerome Boateng and I have to agree. Physical attributes are similar, both are pacy and great in the air. He also has incredible goalscoring record from u-19; 20 games, 8 goals. Not bad for a centreback! Most likely he won't play though, this is the biggest match in the country and throwing him to such game could be too much.

Interesting detail rises from the history of Schalke's extremely likeable manager, David Wagner. Before he joined Huddersfield, he and his assistant Bühler, both worked for Dortmund. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

As I follow Bundesliga quite a lot, I thought to pick up some players to follow from this game. Maybe I should skip the Borussia's team as everyone knows them, right? ?

Schalke's playmaker Amine Harit would be awesome player if he wouldn't use the outside of the foot so much... His technique sets him apart from his teammates and unforunately he has the ability to roll on the ground a lot as well. Another pick is their goalie, Nübel, who'll move to Bayern München this summer. He has some reactions and those should be tested today. Obviously their captain is someone we all know, Omar Mascarell. He plays behind Harit and carries the defensive duties. Young RW Rabbi Matondo is already Welsh international and continues the footsteps of Sancho. Schalke paid a lot to get him, but the risk has paid off. When they decide to sell him, they'll make a good profit.

Personally, I'd love to see Malick Thiaw playing as his mother is Finnish so he has passport and gateway to our national team...  I'm afraid he will choose Germany though, he is that promising that their national team is realistic aim. 18-year old tall CB, who is proper wonderkid. He has been compared to Jerome Boateng and I have to agree. Physical attributes are similar, both are pacy and great in the air. He also has incredible goalscoring record from u-19; 20 games, 8 goals. Not bad for a centreback! Most likely he won't play though, this is the biggest match in the country and throwing him to such game could be too much.

Interesting detail rises from the history of Schalke's extremely likeable manager, David Wagner. Before he joined Huddersfield, he and his assistant Bühler, both worked for Dortmund. 

Thx for that really interesting. Out of interest are the games shown on free channels in Germany ?

if and when Football returns in England there are talks of having games shown on  BBC or youtube for free.  i find it hard to believe that Sky and BT would allow this such is their influence on footie in England

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Thx for that really interesting. Out of interest are the games shown on free channels in Germany ?

if and when Football returns in England there are talks of having games shown on  BBC or youtube for free.  i find it hard to believe that Sky and BT would allow this such is their influence on footie in England

Unfortunately, there is only handful of free games available and of course highlights. Sky owns the rest. 

I don't mind though, I'm usually watching Union's or Derby's game anyway.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Only Harit is playing out of those names!!! Changing the goalkeeper is understandable, they are looking forward. Maybe Matondo's deal is also done? There's rumours of him going to ManU.

Dortmund Hakimi is some player. RB who has 10 assists so far. Should play on the left now as Pissczczxczxcxzck  is playing as well. And Brandt is maybe my favourite German player. He is bit like De Bruyne, unplayable when on full flow.

Archived