Consortium

Dcfcsr92

Sunday mirror

Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp is leading a consortium of football superstars including Phillip Cocu, Dirk Kuyt, Ronald Koeman and Henrik Larsson aiming to buy a Premier League club.

Wonder how much this is true and if they would consider a championship club 

Maybe us with cocu being here and mel looking for investors 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could Cocu possibly be involved? It'd be a huge conflict of interest him owning a club that could potentially be our opponents, and it'd be a huge mistake having an owner manage us. Neither could possibly happen, it's paper garbage.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How could Cocu possibly be involved? It'd be a huge conflict of interest him owning a club that could potentially be our opponents, and it'd be a huge mistake having an owner manage us. Neither could possibly happen, it's paper garbage.

The rules do allow for it to happen, so long as the stake held in the other club is below 10% and so long as it's "purely for investment purposes." It's why Paul Scholes was allowed to be manager of Oldham last year whilst also having a stake in Salford City. 

I just had a cursory glance over at the Mirror's article and the references to "Premier League club" have all been changed to "English club" now, so you never know, it mightn't even be a separate club at all.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dennis-bergkamp-heading-star-studded-21964051

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

The rules do allow for it to happen, so long as the stake held in the other club is below 10% and so long as it's "purely for investment purposes." It's why Paul Scholes was allowed to be manager of Oldham last year whilst also having a stake in Salford City. 

I just had a cursory glance over at the Mirror's article and the references to "Premier League club" have all been changed to "English club" now, so you never know, it mightn't even be a separate club at all.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dennis-bergkamp-heading-star-studded-21964051

Would you want an owner to manage us though? That seems like it has the potential to be a huge mistake. I wasn't meaning it was against the rules, but how would you feel about our manager owning somebody else? To me, I fail to understand how it could be a possibility. I don't see how Mel could allow it, and I don't see how the fans could back it. If that were to happen, you'd have to imagine Cocu's position as our manager would be untenable? 

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Article mentions super agent Rob Jansen senior exec from Wasserman agency which can only mean one thing, Sam Rush. How about that for a conspiracy theory ??? ?

Samuel doesn’t work for them anymore, he’s set his own agency up.

35 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For sure, but isn't  the point of a good conspiracy theory to not let the facts get in the way of a good story ?

Mirror so it is naturally a conspiracy theory. Also all those put together don't have Morris's wealth.

Gotta think that story has to be baalocks, at least about Cocu’s involvement anyway. If he was involved in the ownership of another English club, even if they’re in the Prem, I’d want him to resign from his position here - regardless of what the rules say, that still feels like a conflict of interest to me.

I suppose you could make an argument that it wouldn’t be so bad if they were buying us. It’s certainly a possibility with Mel looking to sell, Cocu In charge here and our quality academy surely of interest to Bergkamp. Backed by Wasserman money it would be affordable too. In fact, you’d be hard pushed to suggest a more suitable club. I’d still be a bit uncomfortable with a manager on the board, but I guess that’s happened before, and it’s not like he’d actually be the one in charge.

4 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Article mentions super agent Rob Jansen senior exec from Wasserman agency which can only mean one thing, Sam Rush. How about that for a conspiracy theory ??? ?

Rob Jansen the top man for them in Holland. Also with Derby during USA tour. Cocu's agent to.

Archived