Fitness Thread

Bubbles

I’ve been on my bike and the missus didn’t send me on it. This week I’ve done 46 miles, just joined and I’m on a 600km challenge this month on Strava. If anyone is on there hit me up as I could do with the motivation.

Didn’t do anything Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Did a 23 mile ride yesterday broken in two but today did a 23 mile straight there and back. 

1E6A2EE7-B9CE-4315-B508-5D0CD2F2BBAC.jpeg

B072FEEC-2811-4AD8-B7F9-0B1E0E0859A5.jpeg

ED2F4BCC-1B03-4807-89DD-65F05A86589A.jpeg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, David said:

I’ve been on my bike and the missus didn’t send me on it. This week I’ve done 46 miles, just joined and I’m on a 600km challenge this month on Strava. If anyone is on there hit me up as I could do with the motivation.

Didn’t do anything Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Did a 23 mile ride yesterday broken in two but today did a 23 mile straight there and back. 

1E6A2EE7-B9CE-4315-B508-5D0CD2F2BBAC.jpeg

B072FEEC-2811-4AD8-B7F9-0B1E0E0859A5.jpeg

ED2F4BCC-1B03-4807-89DD-65F05A86589A.jpeg

If I can work out how to find you on Strava, I’ll do so

Do I wanna get in to the shape of my life and emerge from corona with chiselled abs? YES I DO!!!

Am I sat here watching celebrity gogglebox at 01.18am midweek, 9 beers down and eating leftover cold chicken nuggets from the kids happy meals? YES I AM!

On 11/06/2020 at 01:20, Pastinaak said:

Do I wanna get in to the shape of my life and emerge from corona with chiselled abs? YES I DO!!!

Am I sat here watching celebrity gogglebox at 01.18am midweek, 9 beers down and eating leftover cold chicken nuggets from the kids happy meals? YES I AM!

Hi Pastinaak

I think rousing yourself into vigorous exercise is hard during lockdown.

Usually, I have some sort of defined target such as a run I have entered or a holiday I need to get in trim for. Because the future is so uncertain that gives me a get-out.

All I can say is that if you commit to exercise and have a real go, regardless of whether or not you achieve 100%, you will feel better afterwards.

Don’t beat yourself up for what you might consider moderate efforts. They are the stepping stones to success.

I wish you the best of luck.

Having a good look through my fitbit stats last night & have concluded that my current cycling efforts seem better for me than the cardio workout I used to do at the gym. I'm not going mad at it - just 10 miles or so, 3 times a week. About 45 mins a time.

For the year or so that I've had the fitbit, my resting heart rate has been around 58-62 - rated as good to very good for someone of my age/weight etc. Over the last 4 weeks, it's gone down gradually and consistently to 52 yesterday - and as low as 42 during sleep.

I'm really missing the gym for weights but I think I'll skip the cardio (cross trainer) in future and work a gym weights session into my cycling route.

Archived