Derby Pride (it's a book)

HuddersRam

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

This explains why at our event in Manchester, I lost my Derby scarf and bobble hat and ended up with various multi coloured boa's and a leather studded cap....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Congratulations Sir!. It’s a very handsome book; the title is similarly brilliant and the word Pride & its meaning is visually echoed in the cover. I love how Derby County now own the word Pride and it’s a very apt description of how we all feel. Football is in the very heart of our City and it always has been.

That's why I dearly hope that we don't have the stadium sponsored again!

Just to follow up on this, below is a horribly mashed together collage of everyone who I've spoken with during the process of this book. Hoping to be adding Billy Davies and Chris Powell to this group shortly, but if there's anyone else you'd love to hear from who I might have missed, just drop a message below and I'll see what I can do.

I did manage to get agreement from Keogh back in January but sadly that's one that will have to be told whenever the court case is concluded ?

All_IVs.thumb.png.c1e838cd87f7bf9da35441151ff534fb.png

10 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Just to follow up on this, below is a horribly mashed together collage of everyone who I've spoken with during the process of this book. Hoping to be adding Billy Davies and Chris Powell to this group shortly, but if there's anyone else you'd love to hear from who I might have missed, just drop a message below and I'll see what I can do.

I did manage to get agreement from Keogh back in January but sadly that's one that will have to be told whenever the court case is concluded ?

Dean Holdsworth- ass manager to starting eleven at 40 , Taribo West, Rob Lee-he had a lot to say about problems at the club when he was leaving.  Tom Glick

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all and happy anniversary of the biggest slice of footballing justice ever delivered. I'm still emotional from it.

Should be able to provide some more info on the book in the coming weeks, but I'll also be sharing some features that haven't quite made the cut over on a Wordpress I've thrown together.

In case anyone is interested, I've shared an article on the importance of the 2018/19 loanees, told by Harry Wilson, Craig Bryson and Bradley Johnson. >> https://thederbybook.wordpress.com/2020/05/14/loanees/ ?

1 hour ago, HuddersRam said:

Morning all and happy anniversary of the biggest slice of footballing justice ever delivered. I'm still emotional from it.

Should be able to provide some more info on the book in the coming weeks, but I'll also be sharing some features that haven't quite made the cut over on a Wordpress I've thrown together.

In case anyone is interested, I've shared an article on the importance of the 2018/19 loanees, told by Harry Wilson, Craig Bryson and Bradley Johnson. >> https://thederbybook.wordpress.com/2020/05/14/loanees/ ?

Factcheck!

Jordon Ibe too was on the cusp of driving the side to promotion in 2014 before Jurgen Klopp dragged him back to Anfield.

Not sure but wasn't it Rodgers?

15 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Really enjoyed reading that. Makes me a little sad, though. Until we get back into the Prem, we are only ever going to be part of the journey for players of such talent, including our own.

Let's hope Cocu can take us there with our own young stars sooner, rather than later. 

15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Factcheck!

Jordon Ibe too was on the cusp of driving the side to promotion in 2014 before Jurgen Klopp dragged him back to Anfield.

Not sure but wasn't it Rodgers?

You are absolutely right! Just realised I've had a vendetta against Klopp for all these years when it should have been Rodgers. Amended ?

On 01/05/2020 at 14:15, HuddersRam said:

How did you manage to contact so many?

57 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

How did you manage to contact so many?

That's a book in itself mate. Some were through media teams (Hughes, Wilson, Grant), a couple came through social media and the rest were just through contacts that interviewees were happy to share. Over an 18-month period so was able to play the long game with some.

I actually managed to track down quite a few more but some didn't want to speak about their time at the club for one reason or another, usually because they didn't want to get into a potential defamation battle.

3 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Great read @HuddersRam. Beautifully crafted, the prose flows and makes it an effortless process. It augurs well - not all football books are readable even when it’s about a club you love. Well done - I’ll buy a copy for certain. 

On 01/05/2020 at 14:15, HuddersRam said:

Few people I’d love to hear from would be:

Marcus tudgay: I think I was about 12 when he left and he was at the time one of my favourite players but he just seemed to suddenly leave. Was always interested why? 

Nigel clough: I guess he still probably has a few problems with the club since being sacked but as everyone has left the club who’d have had anything to do with that, surely he’d be up for chatting. 

jeff hendrick: as an academy product and another of my favourite players of that 2014 team,  would be interesting to hear from.

leon osman: does he still think about us ??  ha but would again be good to hear some insight on his season with us and how he felt that propelled his career.

and finally, Chris Martin before he leaves!! 

7 hours ago, Ramos said:

Few people I’d love to hear from would be:

Marcus tudgay: I think I was about 12 when he left and he was at the time one of my favourite players but he just seemed to suddenly leave. Was always interested why? 

Nigel clough: I guess he still probably has a few problems with the club since being sacked but as everyone has left the club who’d have had anything to do with that, surely he’d be up for chatting. 

jeff hendrick: as an academy product and another of my favourite players of that 2014 team,  would be interesting to hear from.

leon osman: does he still think about us ??  ha but would again be good to hear some insight on his season with us and how he felt that propelled his career.

and finally, Chris Martin before he leaves!! 

Some good names here bud! Clough was one of those who said no, not sure if you've heard this podcast he did though which is pretty enlightening. https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt20-meets-nigel-clough

Tudgay's one I'm still working on getting a reply from, Osman too. I'd love big Chris but not sure how likely that would be. I'll keep pushing ?

19 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Great read @HuddersRam. Beautifully crafted, the prose flows and makes it an effortless process. It augurs well - not all football books are readable even when it’s about a club you love. Well done - I’ll buy a copy for certain. 

Well said Ellafella, and well written HuddersRam. This is a brilliant article. Can't wait  for the book! Keep us posted please.

I enjoyed the article. I imagine it is difficult to actually get the real ‘dirt’ or truth about what went on in different dressing rooms, unless you find someone dissatisfied and with a bit of an axe to grind. Those real ‘stories’ are the sprinkling of gold dust which fans crave I think. Those elusive rumours we hear from our ‘sources’. One day maybe we will hear Nigel, with a wry smile, admitting he maybe have ‘accidentally’ caught Billy with his knee or Lee Grant describing the role he had to play with Jordan Ibe. Or maybe someone with a plausible explanation of what that penalty was for against Rotherham. If you meet Tudgay will you ask ‘the’ question we would all want answering? Keep up the good work. 

11 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Some good names here bud! Clough was one of those who said no, not sure if you've heard this podcast he did though which is pretty enlightening. https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt20-meets-nigel-clough

Tudgay's one I'm still working on getting a reply from, Osman too. I'd love big Chris but not sure how likely that would be. I'll keep pushing ?

Brilliant interview with Nigel Clough. Very insightful. History will show that NC did a brilliant job for Derby re-floating a sinking ship and putting together a fabulous squad of players on a shoestring. He’s as always very dignified and measured and subtle in his recounting and he’s clearly moved on from what must have felt like abysmal treatment after all he’d achieved. I don’t care what anybody says Nigel Clough is a football genius and he saved us from a very slippery slope. 

On 15/05/2020 at 09:16, HuddersRam said:

Great read, some great little comments and insights from the players involved.

15 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

There was a rumour that Tudgay left due to the then manager George Burley being a naughty boy, will not say anything else, was u at Sheff Wednesday away when Tudgay played against us, and in the away end we was singing about it. Could just be a silly rumour who knows. 

Archived