Derby Pride (it's a book)

HuddersRam

So about 14 months ago now, I started a topic called The Pursuit for Pereplotkins. It was more of a hopeful topic about a book I was trying to work out in my head about the past 20 or so years of the club. Fast forward to today and my search for the Latvian never actually began.

BUT I am a bit too excited to say that over this time, I've been able to worm my way into conversations with 55 others who probably have more of a story to tell than he would. So with that being said, Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County will be published later this year.

Through constant begging texts and an embarassing stream of emails to media teams across Europe, I've heard from all sorts of former Derby players, coaches and officials who have kindly given up their time to be part of this. From Stefano Eranio, Peter Gadsby, Steve McClaren and Inigo Idiakez through to Will Hughes, Harry Wilson, Johnny Russell and Gary Rowett (and plenty more in between including the finding of an Amigo), I've been lucky enough to be allowed to gaze through the different eras of the club to tell the story of everything that has gone on from the moment Pride Park first opened its doors.

It'll be available from later this year (I need to actually finish the last few chapters first) but hopefully it'll be of interest to a few of you on here and I'll be able to follow on from some of those who already produce such top content about the club.

I've set up a Twitter @PrideDCFC too, which I'll be using to share out some feature articles with those who have contributed their time. Because I've discovered 120,000 words isn't nearly enough. ???

thumbnail_Pride-Twitter.jpg.fd553acec2634e2b833777992fb0bfcd.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

So about 14 months ago now, I started a topic called The Pursuit for Pereplotkins. It was more of a hopeful topic about a book I was trying to work out in my head about the past 20 or so years of the club. Fast forward to today and my search for the Latvian never actually began.

BUT I am a bit too excited to say that over this time, I've been able to worm my way into conversations with 55 others who probably have more of a story to tell than he would. So with that being said, Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County will be published later this year.

Through constant begging texts and an embarassing stream of emails to media teams across Europe, I've heard from all sorts of former Derby players, coaches and officials who have kindly given up their time to be part of this. From Stefano Eranio, Peter Gadsby, Steve McClaren and Inigo Idiakez through to Will Hughes, Harry Wilson, Johnny Russell and Gary Rowett (and plenty more in between including the finding of an Amigo), I've been lucky enough to be allowed to gaze through the different eras of the club to tell the story of everything that has gone on from the moment Pride Park first opened its doors.

It'll be available from later this year (I need to actually finish the last few chapters first) but hopefully it'll be of interest to a few of you on here and I'll be able to follow on from some of those who already produce such top content about the club.

I've set up a Twitter @PrideDCFC too, which I'll be using to share out some feature articles with those who have contributed their time. Because I've discovered 120,000 words isn't nearly enough. ???

thumbnail_Pride-Twitter.jpg.fd553acec2634e2b833777992fb0bfcd.jpg

I look forward to adding your book to my collection!

1 hour ago, europia said:

The cover looks great, so hats off to who ever designed it. Hope the content matches it. I assume it will be available as an e_book. Best of luck with sales!

It's a beauty isn't it, can't stop looking at it! I believe it will be available as an e-book down the line, will be working with the publisher to confirm where it will be available within the next month or so.

1 hour ago, HuddersRam said:

It's a beauty isn't it, can't stop looking at it! I believe it will be available as an e-book down the line, will be working with the publisher to confirm where it will be available within the next month or so.

Congratulations Sir!. It’s a very handsome book; the title is similarly brilliant and the word Pride & its meaning is visually echoed in the cover. I love how Derby County now own the word Pride and it’s a very apt description of how we all feel. Football is in the very heart of our City and it always has been. Can’t wait to read it. Well done @HuddersRam

9EE85F62-0491-4157-A0DD-3BC210433EA0.jpeg

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Congratulations Sir!. It’s a very handsome book; the title is similarly brilliant and the word Pride & its meaning is visually echoed in the cover. I love how Derby County now own the word Pride and it’s a very apt description of how we all feel. Football is in the very heart of our City and it always has been. Can’t wait to read it. Well done @HuddersRam

9EE85F62-0491-4157-A0DD-3BC210433EA0.jpeg

Thanks @Ellafella! Yeah the title was a bit of a challenge, I had Pride in a place filler and then just got attached to it after a while. Guess it's a bit more catchy than iPro, right?

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Oh dear. You clearly need awakening. Real shame Lambchop is not still around to give you her perspective.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwjM_9nAtpLpAhWORxUIHb-zBggQFjAAegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpridefoundation.org%2F&usg=AOvVaw3y_Rs8EbI09skY29kQpaoY

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Yes. I’ll caveat that by saying “in a football context.”

Archived