Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

On 08/11/2020 at 18:08, mozza said:

'Doctor Sleep', if you liked the 'Shining' you need to watch this. Solid 8/10? 

Loved it.

I thought it was impressive how it reconciled the issues with telling the story from Steven King's book, while being faithful to the ending of original film of The Shining.

9/10

Criminal from 2016. Kevin Costner stars. Not seen him play this sort of 'thuggish' character before and he does it well. 8/10.

Locke from 2013. Tom Hardy stars. The setting is his motorway journey. Never thought phone calls could be so dramatic! 8.5/10.

Edited by TimRam

Finally got around to watching Tenet. Have to say it's a rather disappointing outing from a director who thus far, has barely put a foot wrong. Horrendous soundtrack, a complete lack of character development and convoluted to the point of being barely comprehensible. Kenneth Branagh aside, the entire cast seem to sleepwalk through the movie which hardly helps. The first hour I found mildly intriguing but it's all downhill from there on.

5/10

Rampage, starring Dwayne Johnson

Mindless dross, but you knew that anyway. At the same sort of level as Megashark v Giant Octopus, and the same sort of plot line.

Utterly, mind-numbingly bloody brilliant - if you don't take it seriously.

Somewhere between 0/10 and 10/10, dependent upon how drunk you are.

Knives Out

Came into it with high expectations, having heard from many different sources how good and clever it is.

It’s alright. Some good performances, and a decent attempt at the murder mystery genre, but nothing special. I was waiting for the big plot twists and reveals...

Maybe my expectations were just too high. The film is fine, but not the incredible piece of film making many others love

Bielik (career so far) / 10

The Man Who Fell to Earth - This film fascinated me as it starred David Bowie but never got round to see it. A strange, 'trippy' sort of film nothing like I've seen before. Bowie is good but the script is all over the place. Could have been so much better...maybe I was expecting something like 'Starman'. 5/10.

13 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Finally got around to watching Tenet. Have to say it's a rather disappointing outing from a director who thus far, has barely put a foot wrong. Horrendous soundtrack, a complete lack of character development and convoluted to the point of being barely comprehensible. Kenneth Branagh aside, the entire cast seem to sleepwalk through the movie which hardly helps. The first hour I found mildly intriguing but it's all downhill from there on.

5/10

Clever glossy film ... but a bit too clever maybe.

Was it it's own prequel?

Robert Pattinson's speculative job application for 007 too.

6/10 due to Ken being the dogs danglys.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Watched 3096 Days on Netflix at the weekend. A little disturbing as you'd expect but not nearly as much as the actual event. Decent watch though.

is that the story if how many days it was since our last win ?

8 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Clever glossy film ... but a bit too clever maybe.

Was it it's own prequel?

Robert Pattinson's speculative job application for 007 too.

6/10 due to Ken being the dogs danglys.

Some say TENET is the sequel to Inception. But I think that's unfair to Inception. You're waiting for a train... 

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Some say TENET is the sequel to Inception. But I think that's unfair to Inception. You're waiting for a train... 

I think some are making stuff up Mr Sagan! Inception a superior film in every sense in my view. Have you seen Tenet and if so what did you make of it? Initially it did make me think of you as I thought it'd be your kind of movie. By the end I'd changed my mind though! ?

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

31 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I think some are making stuff up Mr Sagan! Inception a superior film in every sense in my view. Have you seen Tenet and if so what did you make of it? Initially it did make me think of you as I thought it'd be your kind of movie. By the end I'd changed my mind though! ?

Here's what I wrote in August. 

On 28/08/2020 at 18:38, Carl Sagan said:

Went to TENET last night as a lover of Nolan's Inception, Interstellar, Memento and The Prestige.

I didn't know what the film was going to be about, but it turned out to link to areas of my scientific expertise on which Nolan decided to build the plot. I found it so disappointing. It might be that on the third or fourth watch it falls into place, but a film has got to give you a decent payoff on first viewing.

I'll give it 3/10 for some pretty scenes and the mention in the script of Richard Feynman.

Such high hopes, all shattered. But time is a great healer and having heard the Inception theory (aka made-up nonsense), I might give TENET another go soon.