Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

New Borat - not for the faint hearted, cringefest. The actress who supported him as his daughter probably trumps him. She had amazing comic timing and was brilliant with her reactions.

On 18/10/2020 at 17:34, Mr. P said:

Tenet - ?

confused yorkshire terrier GIF

It should be my sort of film but everything I've heard about it says that you have to watch it twice in order to understand it - which makes me think there must be a problem somewhere if everyone is just coming out thinking "what the hell did I just watch?".

Either Christopher Nolan is a genius or he's disappeared up his own posterior somewhere along the line. I liked that Memento and Inception made the audience think in order to keep up with the film but this seems to just confuse everyone.

On 26/10/2020 at 17:06, Van Wolfie said:

It should be my sort of film but everything I've heard about it says that you have to watch it twice in order to understand it - which makes me think there must be a problem somewhere if everyone is just coming out thinking "what the hell did I just watch?".

Either Christopher Nolan is a genius or he's disappeared up his own posterior somewhere along the line. I liked that Memento and Inception made the audience think in order to keep up with the film but this seems to just confuse everyone.

Inception was incredibly well made that it never really left you behind, but it certainly made you think. Tenet doesn’t make itself clear at many points at all. It’s difficult to explain, but while I could see how clever it wanted to be, it definitely needs some cleaning up with a bit more explaining for the majority if the audience. And much clearer dialogue. Do many characters doing Bane impressions 

The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Netflix). 

Real life dramatisation from 60s era USA. 

I really enjoyed it is the main thing I would say... Its an interesting subject matter and very well made and watchable.

But... I think serious film buffs will find it oddly frothy and jovial considering the subject matter. For me too, the tone jumped around a bit so I was never fully gripped. The acting is likewise enjoyable but having so many famous actors is slightly distracting (Sacha Baron-Cohen, Eddie Redmayne, Gordon Levitt, Anthony Mingella...for starters) and at times feels like an acting competition. 

So.. it never quite nails it's colours to the mast about what its intentions are, and feels slightly superficial and 'Hollywood'. Its a great film, one you could really enjoy watching on a date or with your parents.. but that also makes it a bit 'safe'. 

8/10

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Currently halfway through Dazed and Confused. I have to say, I’m dazed and confused as to how it’s so popular.

Good film and a good soundtrack. Think it's one of those films you like or don't.  Bit like once upon a time in Hollywood- great soundtrack and authentically shot.  Dog poo plot and the ending was awful.  I think Tarantino should have stopped with Pulp fiction/ True romance.  

Try Almost famous if you haven't watched it .  Based on the musings of a very young Rolling Stone reporter.  Similar in the way it's shot to Dazed and Confused, but more substance .

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Good film and a good soundtrack. Think it's one of those films you like or don't.  Bit like once upon a time in Hollywood- great soundtrack and authentically shot.  Dog poo plot and the ending was awful.  I think Tarantino should have stopped with Pulp fiction/ True romance.  

Try Almost famous if you haven't watched it .  Based on the musings of a very young Rolling Stone reporter.  Similar in the way it's shot to Dazed and Confused, but more substance .

I just felt like it was a bit of a crap American Pie.

Will add the other film to the watch list.

The Visit

A couple of teenagers go & spend a week with estranged grandparents that their mother fell out with 15 years previously.

Things start to get very weird & as you would expect from a M Night Shyamalan film, there is a twist.

Some creepy moments. Not bad. 6/10

Richard Jewell

The true story of the Security Guard who found the bomb at the Atlanta Olympics saving many lives.  Considered a hero at first, then became the FBIs prime suspect in the bombing.

On Sky atm, good watch, 7/10.

On 26/10/2020 at 16:26, Mafiabob said:

New Borat - not for the faint hearted, cringefest. The actress who supported him as his daughter probably trumps him. She had amazing comic timing and was brilliant with her reactions.

I loved it, can imagine some finding it uncomfortable,  how they get away with some of it god knows, the Rudi Giuliani stuff you just can't believe it's not been stopped somehow. 

His daughter as you say was brilliant.