Good players that were difficult to handle

Cisse

I'm watching an old game in which Craig Bellamy just scored a goal. I remember he was sometimes a handful for his own team also. As I'm bored as heck I was thinking that people could share their favourite stories about good but difficult players over the years.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One not so famous but incredibly " bogey" for Derby is Lucas Jutkiewicz at Birmingham. He seems to always score against us no matter who he plays for. 

Mart Poom proved quite tricky from corners too. 

Phil Gee proved the rule of not selling your goalscorers as they often come back to haunt you. 

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

One not so famous but incredibly " bogey" for Derby is Lucas Jutkiewicz at Birmingham. He seems to always score against us no matter who he plays for. 

Mart Poom proved quite tricky from corners too. 

Phil Gee proved the rule of not selling your goalscorers as they often come back to haunt you. 

I think the "difficult to handle" refers to them being reputed to be "very naughty boys", rather than being adept at their trade.  

There’s been a few over the years, can imagine the likes of Zlatan et al aren’t the easiest people in the world to manage. 

Think the one that astounds me most recently was Kepa refusing to be substituted for a penalty shootout. Imagine him trying that with Cloughie, Robson or Ferguson, he’d have been dragged off the pitch by his nostrils and never seen at the club again

Roy Keane was a fantastic captain for Manchester United, but his behavior with Ireland at the 2002 world cup shows what could've been had he not been lucky enough to play his club career under 2 of the most charismatic, yet authoritarian managers in football.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Roy Keane was a fantastic captain for Manchester United, but his behavior with Ireland at the 2002 world cup shows what could've been had he not been lucky enough to play his club career under 2 of the most charismatic, yet authoritarian managers in football.

the with an audience charity show he did in Ireland with Gary Neville it's an entertaining watch .  Not normally one for this kind of thing, but an honest and interesting interview . 

Archived