BE CAREFUL!!!

Gaspode

I've just received an email (password reset) to the address I'm registered at the club with. Suspect the club may have had a security breach as it's a very targeted email. Be careful if you also recieve one as it's distinctly dodgy - possibly worth changing your passwrod via the official site just to be safe. I've sent the club a message via twitter and also emailed them so hopefully they'll look into it....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

didn't get an e-mail but an unexpected transfer to a Rams lookalike site, saying something about check my browser.   FROM HERE!!!

Shut down an ran virus check so no apparent harm done!

8 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Just checked my history, unexpected link was apparently to DCFC/Customer /login. I didn't log in

Sounds to me like you have accidentally clicked one of the ads that clicks to the clubs website.

This is the advert

4C5056FF-94AB-4A37-8745-FEDDA85C5332.jpeg

And you would have seen this page from the club after clicking the ad which checks your browser to block unwanted traffic.

0CA7DCC3-282C-400E-877B-ED617EDD3421.png

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I've just received an email (password reset) to the address I'm registered at the club with. Suspect the club may have had a security breach as it's a very targeted email. Be careful if you also recieve one as it's distinctly dodgy - possibly worth changing your passwrod via the official site just to be safe. I've sent the club a message via twitter and also emailed them so hopefully they'll look into it....

Yeah I got the same and emailed them the same. Got suspicious as it comes through from DCFC and not ‘Derby County Football Club’

OK, hands up everyone who's password is DCFC1884 and uses 1884 as their PIN number.

It's OK, you can DM me if you prefer, along with your mothers maiden name and a pdf of a utility bill showing your full name and address.

err...I need them to help get some funds released which I am due from a large lottery win in umm....Bolivia. Yeah, Bolivia. For your help in this totally legitimate transaction I will reward you with many dolla and a lucrative mission to scout the footballer formerly known as Tomas Ince. 

5 hours ago, David said:

If you feel like your details may have been collected by a security breach on a website you can check at 

https://haveibeenpwned.com

It is a legitimate tool that is safe to use, mine were taken once through the Myfitnesspal breach.

A tool that is only used by people who have some concern about their geniune email address being hacked... whereby using the tool you're adding your details to this list? Sounds like a great list for hackers to get hold of.

56 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

A tool that is only used by people who have some concern about their geniune email address being hacked... whereby using the tool you're adding your details to this list? Sounds like a great list for hackers to get hold of.

No that’s not what it is, it’s a tool to see if your details have been taken. I wouldn’t post it to our members if I had doubts about it, it’s a tool that has been well published through numerous outlets.

12 hours ago, David said:

If you feel like your details may have been collected by a security breach on a website you can check at 

https://haveibeenpwned.com

It is a legitimate tool that is safe to use, mine were taken once through the Myfitnesspal breach.

Haha. It says my details have been exposed in 18 different security breaches starting 7 years ago! 

8 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

You don’t add to it. You type in your email and it searches the existing database of compromised accounts. This is a legit site that has been recommended numerous times over the years in IT security world. It can be a bit of a lifesaver. 

17 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Did you have a senior moment Findern?

At my age every moment is a Senior moment! In my defence I have discovered the batteries in my mouse are dying and there is a bit of a lag sometimes with it responding, plays merry **** with my Fortnite score ?

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

You don’t add to it. You type in your email and it searches the existing database of compromised accounts. This is a legit site that has been recommended numerous times over the years in IT security world. It can be a bit of a lifesaver. 

10 hours ago, David said:

No that’s not what it is, it’s a tool to see if your details have been taken. I wouldn’t post it to our members if I had doubts about it, it’s a tool that has been well published through numerous outlets.

By typing your email into that box, you're creating a log that people can access. Not openly, obviously. Which as I mentioned earlier, it's gold dust to any hackers because you're also highlighting that either you think you've already been hacked or you're worried about being hacked. 

33 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

By typing your email into that box, you're creating a log that people can access. Not openly, obviously. Which as I mentioned earlier, it's gold dust to any hackers because you're also highlighting that either you think you've already been hacked or you're worried about being hacked. 

It literally says your email is not logged or kept on file. It only matches it against the database that already exists. 

Archived