Chris Perkins (Head of Academy Recruitment) Moves to Everton

Rammeister

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What doesn't sound good? Your link doesn't work unfortunately. 

Derby County's head of academy recruitment, Chris Perkins, is no longer in his post.

It is understood he has joined Premier League side Everton, linking up with Marcel Brands and Carlo Ancelotti on Merseyside.

He's been serving a one year notice period and this was agreed last summer. The notice period goes to show how highly he is thought of but also decent planning in terms of getting in a replacement.  There are two other guys that work as local scouts so it would seem sensible that they have identified a new guy to bring in over that year period and the current situation allows them to let him join Everton a few weeks early.

Its very disappointing to lose Mr Perkins but we must all thank and applaud him for all his efforts on behalf of the club.

As already stated the club were aware of his depart nearly a year ago, so a line of succession must be already in place, and hopefully this will have led to a seamless  transition. 

I am sure the Academy coaching and recruitment staff are not based solely around one person. They will be a collective team who discuss, comment and have input into decisions when closely working together. 

Premiership club's wanting to take our staff must be looked upon as source of pride, that they value the work our club are doing.

I hope Mel has got a little bit compensation, as well from Everton for this 'transfer' 

5 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

To be fair to Everton they were in desperate need of a shake up in their youth recruitment if Kieran Dowell was the extent of talent that they were currently producing. ?

I think Keiran Dowell is one who they are busy trying to find a place because he's not quite good enough for that level. 

He's still a decent footballer.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think Keiran Dowell is one who they are busy trying to find a place because he's not quite good enough for that level. 

He's still a decent footballer.

He was probably a bit unlucky that we were still trying to find an identity as a team whilst he was here. However, I felt his body language was very poor and it came across as though he was just going through the motions. Which may explain the early ending of his loan period. 

Archived