Daily Mail

Keepyuppy

Reading today’s news online, I see another disparaging report relating to Derby County again. The focus is on Wayne Rooney again ?

Why does this ‘ghost writer’, presumably, a local hack who has a continual bitter axe to grind against Derby County, keep churning this crap out.

As always, when the words ‘sources state’ are used, it means it’s made up and should be consigned to the bin or better still, used for personal toilet material. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

Reading today’s news online, I see another disparaging report relating to Derby County again. The focus is on Wayne Rooney again ?

Why does this ‘ghost writer’, presumably, a local hack who has a continual bitter axe to grind against Derby County, keep churning this crap out.

As always, when the words ‘sources state’ are used, it means it’s made up and should be consigned to the bin or better still, used for personal toilet material. 

Perhaps, if as a club we behave more openly and above board. There may be less to have a go at. “Stretching” rules on FFP and using the furlough scheme as we have is bound to attract criticism. Wayne Rooney is acting as the conduit for wage deferral, that’s why he’s been mentioned. It may be a poor paper but don’t think because of that, everything the print is without merit

31 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Perhaps, if as a club we behave more openly and above board. There may be less to have a go at. “Stretching” rules on FFP and using the furlough scheme as we have is bound to attract criticism. Wayne Rooney is acting as the conduit for wage deferral, that’s why he’s been mentioned. It may be a poor paper but don’t think because of that, everything the print is without merit

No such thing as " stretching " rules you are either within them or not . As of yet Derby have not been proved to have broken any rules 

To be fair, I’m not sure the stories themselves are “made up”. It’s more the fact they seem to over exaggerate things and put a negative slant on every article to do with us that annoys me. Perhaps if we were better run as a football club, then the Daily Mail wouldn’t have so much ammunition. But equally, things are rarely as bad as they portray, and it’s much better as a fan to read the same story written in places like the Telegraph to get a hold of the true facts.

2 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

It's partly the Rooney effect though isn't it. I'd be very surprised if we were the only club having these type of discussions with the players (if it's all true which, it must be if it's in the DM) and we're certainly not the only ones being charged by the EFL. 

3 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

No such thing as " stretching " rules you are either within them or not . As of yet Derby have not been proved to have broken any rules 

One bonus of the lockdown is our case has been delayed.  Actually it’s probably not a bonus. IF and I mean IF we are found guilty. We will now take the punishment next season, rather than this. This season is over for us. Next season could be over before it starts, if we get punished 

I think the Mail have been pretty much right on us a number of occasions. At the time when news was revealed it was shot down but as the stories have finally unwound as Nicholson would say “they were not wide of the mark”.  Their reporting on Sam Rush and our huge losses, and our stadium switcheroo, were all pretty accurate. The Mail have got some very good sports journalists, and whilst I accept it might be generally wise to stay away from the first 44 pages of that paper, the last 4 in my experience are usually pretty good.

I do not buy the Mail. I only tend to read the Mail’s sport content when it is posted on here, or another forum I use. Martin Samuel is in my opinion the best sport reporter in the UK by some distance.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Martin Samuel is in my opinion the best sport reporter in the UK by some distance.

He's quite left wing too, I can only assume they don't read his column before publishing it as it's only Sport.

Like it or lump it we're probably up there as one of the most disliked clubs in the league at the moment. 

True or not we're seen as a big spending, rule breaking club. Even the Rooney signing seemed to tarnish us rather than aid us. 

Papers like the Daily Snail are just jumping on the bandwagon 

Archived