Acts of Stupidity

David

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.accf3dbad5ab30c6d37866cd4417b3f8.jpeg

@David and I have now both carried out scooter-related acts of stupidity.

After a few pints in early-morning Budapest, I thought it would be a good idea to recreate the famous Titanic scene with a female friend on an electric scooter in the pouring rain. Needless to it ended up with a trip to hospital, a few scrapes for me and a fractured elbow for her.

I’ve never watched Titanic, and never will, but did they really have an electric scooter scene?  As for you and your ‘female friend’ I hope you both recover quickly. Do you have a puncture repair kit for her?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

After a few pints in early-morning Budapest, I thought it would be a good idea to recreate the famous Titanic scene with a female friend on an electric scooter in the pouring rain. Needless to it ended up with a trip to hospital, a few scrapes for me and a fractured elbow for her.

I take it you didn’t get your leg over then?

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Love that guy in the white racing suit top right corner. Really not interested!

He was probably wondering why the bloke was swinging punches at someone who was wearing a crash helmet. He was more likely to injure his own hand than hurt the other bloke. ?

On 26/09/2020 at 10:37, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Which scene were you trying to create? The 'paint me like one of your French girls' one? That certainly would explain the injuries.

On my first ever lads holiday away with the lads, to Majorca in about 1983 (when did we have the Patrick shirts? It was then because I have a pic of my sat on the loo in one) the 3 of us started drinking vodka in the bus from Bakewell.

Then beer at the airport and then drinks on the plane.

When we got to Palma I thought it would be hysterical to get on the carousel and go around with the cases. So I did and almost got stuck.

Then when we got to our rooms the other 3 went out for some reason, honestly cannot remember, I think I may have just been too hammered.

I spotted a swimming pool 3 or 4 floors below and thought what would be even funnier than the carousel prank would be to hurl a chair off the balcony into the pool.

Only it wasn't a pool, it was a painted dance floor and the chair crumpled.

I cunningly climbed over the balcony to the next room and stole their chair.

The following morning there was banging on our door and the manager and a security guy were demanding we pay for a broken chair.

I beckoned then through to show we had two chairs only to realize I'd climbed over onto the balcony of the two mates in the other room.

They made me pay them about $25 and it utterly wiped me out. I was borrowing all week and this was before we had credit cards.

Brilliant holiday though

Now all that was pretty stupid.

On 07/10/2020 at 23:58, Bob The Badger said:

On my first ever lads holiday away with the lads, to Majorca in about 1983 (when did we have the Patrick shirts? It was then because I have a pic of my sat on the loo in one) the 3 of us started drinking vodka in the bus from Bakewell.

Then beer at the airport and then drinks on the plane.

When we got to Palma I thought it would be hysterical to get on the carousel and go around with the cases. So I did and almost got stuck.

Then when we got to our rooms the other 3 went out for some reason, honestly cannot remember, I think I may have just been too hammered.

I spotted a swimming pool 3 or 4 floors below and thought what would be even funnier than the carousel prank would be to hurl a chair off the balcony into the pool.

Only it wasn't a pool, it was a painted dance floor and the chair crumpled.

I cunningly climbed over the balcony to the next room and stole their chair.

The following morning there was banging on our door and the manager and a security guy were demanding we pay for a broken chair.

I beckoned then through to show we had two chairs only to realize I'd climbed over onto the balcony of the two mates in the other room.

They made me pay them about $25 and it utterly wiped me out. I was borrowing all week and this was before we had credit cards.

Brilliant holiday though

Now all that was pretty stupid.

I reckon @DarkFruitsRam7 is taking notes as he's scouring the streets for some Budapest bunny-boiler...?

that sounds like a proper Inbetweeners holiday tho....

Archived