Acts of Stupidity

Day

7 hours ago, richinspain said:

I once went into the argument thread hoping to find some news about coronavirus.

Only once?  That sounds like the exact opposite of stupid.

I've been in there at least half a dozen times this weekend alone... and again just 5 minutes ago.  You want stupid?  I'll show you stupid!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Only once?  That sounds like the exact opposite of stupid.

I've been in there at least half a dozen times this weekend alone... and again just 5 minutes ago.  You want stupid?  I'll show you stupid!

No, I go in three or four times a day. Only once I went in hoping for news of the coronavirus epidemic.

10 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Not even.

To name but two there's Shane Meadows and Bartley Gorman - King Of The Gypsies in bare knuckle boxing for twenty years, even Kevin Poole wasn't going for that long.

Don't forget Mark Sale.

Living over here is like one big celeb-fest.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my iPhone XS in a case for two years. It’s in mint condition and was just about to eBay it. 

Removed from case to clean, noticed smudges, so put it on the chair to go to kitchen and get a handwipe, heard a knock, came back, it’d slipped off the chair and hit the stand, chipping the edge and cracking the screen!!

Got to drop off in town now and pay £60 excess!! ?

7A1C5C3C-C93D-4926-B3D5-7B71545FC2F0.thumb.jpeg.7e8a432002a18831b928b47103a0c855.jpeg

On 22/04/2020 at 17:50, David said:

Come on then, share some stories of your acts of stupidity over the years. Things you look back on and think what the hell was I thinking?

Errrrr Where do I start 

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Had my iPhone XS in a case for two years. It’s in mint condition and was just about to eBay it. 

Removed from case to clean, noticed smudges, so put it on the chair to go to kitchen and get a handwipe, heard a knock, came back, it’d slipped off the chair and hit the stand, chipping the edge and cracking the screen!!

7A1C5C3C-C93D-4926-B3D5-7B71545FC2F0.thumb.jpeg.7e8a432002a18831b928b47103a0c855.jpeg

Gutted. Have you got Apple Care?

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

How much would you get for it on ebay?

Another option is sell to one of these companies. Once fixed, make sure it's network unlocked (should be done for free after a quick call) and you'll be looking at at £320, or more if you've got a larger capacity than 64GB. It takes a matter of days for the whole process and they very rarely come back to lower the price offered.

https://www.comparemymobile.com/sell/phones/apple/iphone-xs-64gb/

1 hour ago, David said:

Gutted. Have you got Apple Care?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How much would you get for it on ebay?

Another option is sell to one of these companies. Once fixed, make sure it's network unlocked (should be done for free after a quick call) and you'll be looking at at £320, or more if you've got a larger capacity than 64GB. It takes a matter of days for the whole process and they very rarely come back to lower the price offered.

https://www.comparemymobile.com/sell/phones/apple/iphone-xs-64gb/

Dropping it off at a vodafone store later, not got apple care. 

should get maximum available for it, you genuinely couldn’t tell it was used, until i dropped it. 

Archived