Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all this stuff about a football-playing keeper is nonsense! 

If he can catch it and save shots get him in. 

I wouldn't care if he kicked every ball into touch as long as we made 80 yards. 

We are more likely to win it back from a throw-in than we are from a header. 

If you're Manchester City fine. If you're rolling it out to our back four, not so comfortable. 

Easier to teach a keeper football than to teach a drop-back goalie how to catch! 

19 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I really dont see this happening. Firstly, its clear we want a keeper who is composed in possession to fit our style of playing out from the back...Hart was bombed out of Man City precisely because he didnt fit that profile.

Secondly, Hart's historical reputation as a shotstopper & dominant in the air has taken a real battering from some ordinary recent years. Neither Torino, Burnley or West Ham have been successful spells and of course, he is well out of England contention now. In short, I think his confidence is fragile.

Lastly, hes likely to be on massive wages. Given his age, his limitations and cost, it would totally run counter to our philosophy to bring him in.

He won’t be on any wages when he is released so that’s not relevant until he is offered some. As for whether he fits our bill with his GK qualities I’m on the fence with that one ?

44 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

He won’t be on any wages when he is released so that’s not relevant until he is offered some. As for whether he fits our bill with his GK qualities I’m on the fence with that one ?

Of course it's relevant. Like any paid employee, his wage expectations for a new job/employer will be set in reference to his previous wages. Having played for City, been a recent England keeper & still relatively young for a keeper (33), its fair to imagine those expectations will be far above our average wage. Im sure his agent wouldnt even entertain negotiations unless we were prepared to blow our wage structure.

Even if you dont think thats necessarily going to happen, how motivated do you think a goalkeeper who played for England as recently as 3 years ago, would be to drop a division & drop his wages? 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Even if you dont think thats necessarily going to happen, how motivated do you think a goalkeeper who played for England as recently as 3 years ago, would be to drop a division & drop his wages? 

He’ll have to take a big cut in wages. Not a chance a Prem club is coming in for him unless it’s as 2nd/3rd choice. With out of contract players, clubs now hold the power. Worst time ever to be out of contract. He’ll either be in the champ, MLS or sitting on the bench in the Premiership next year. 

On 26/06/2020 at 20:23, enachops said:

He’ll have to take a big cut in wages. Not a chance a Prem club is coming in for him unless it’s as 2nd/3rd choice. With out of contract players, clubs now hold the power. Worst time ever to be out of contract. He’ll either be in the champ, MLS or sitting on the bench in the Premiership next year. 

By sounds of things he wants first team football so that's Championship or MLS

• 1 month later...

Football Insider Exclusive - Derby plotting Joe Hart Deal. 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-Derby-prepare-free-signing-backed-by-rooney/ 

I wouldn't be surprised to see this come off. He fits the trend we've set over the past couple of years, although wages may be an issue I do think that Hart would appreciate the opportunity to just get a run of games. I've said it a few times before, but he was in good shape for Burnley before Pope came back. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-Derby-prepare-free-signing-backed-by-rooney/ 

I wouldn't be surprised to see this come off. He fits the trend we've set over the past couple of years, although wages may be an issue I do think that Hart would appreciate the opportunity to just get a run of games. I've said it a few times before, but he was in good shape for Burnley before Pope came back. 

32 Red Rooney. Head & Shoulders Hart? 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The Sun reckon he's odds on for Celtic

I'd have him in a Hart-beat - He's a very good keeper and about a billion miles better than the Joe-kers we have had this season

Just now, cheron85 said:

The Sun reckon he's odds on for Celtic

I'd have him in a Hart-beat - He's a very good keeper and about a billion miles better than the Joe-kers we have had this season

Celtic signed a Greek keeper today. Presumably going to be their number 1. 

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Celtic signed a Greek keeper today. Presumably going to be their number 1. 

Forest have a European wide patent on all players purporting to be Greek and any Portugese wonderkid who once washed underpants  for Benficas 4th team.  Buy one , get one free. Then sell two back at triple the worth to Olympiakos.  Expect them to get the EFL to launch a broadside at the Scottish FA and get it sorted by 2025 at the earliest. 

Archived