Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

3 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Has he signed yet ?

He must be getting bored in Burnley, with nothing to do and nothing to look forward to.

Surely anything better than that.

Nope, I hear our superb scouting team we’re watching the Dortmund game the other day, and after seeing the Schalke goalkeepers incredible distribution, they decided to sign him up instead.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/04/2020 at 20:02, DCFC1388 said:

I think every team he has joined since leaving City he has probably taken a paycut. He clearly wants to play fpptball and is also someone who started out in the football league so i doubt would turn his nose up at it plus we have Rooney. He is on a free which will mean a little more money towards wages imo.

For example, if he was on £25k a week on a 3 year deal, that would cost us £3.9m total. Even 30k a week it would be £4.68m

Can we really get a better and experienced keeper for that much with a combined transfer fee and wage? 25k p/w is the equivalent to buying a keeper for 1.5m on 15k p/w. Or at 30k its a keeper at 2m on 17k p/w. Cant see us getting a keeper as good for that type of fee/wage.

Also, how many times can we use the 32red star player clause? Once a season or once overall? 

I honestly thought that was a clever play on words for FFP and Football then, rather than a mistype. FFPtball is what I think the EFL have got the majority of the clubs at this level playing, certainly seems to be one of the main talking points. I like it. 

Some hartless comments on here. I, myself am halfharted about this transfer unless he defers big money till we get promoted to the Prem. We need to hang on until EFL decide any possible penality and if need be we have appealed. Surely this is the Covid19-20 season. There should be fewer injuries with social distancing in place. Promotion is s theoretical possibility if our out of contract players are still in contract until end of this season. COYR

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

How much would we be paying Shay Given? Could get rid and use wages to help lure Hart with dual role of keeper coach.

Hart has some pretty big fundamental flaws in his game you don't want him coaching, there is a reason his career has nose dived like it has

Sith Happens

I wouldn't Take Hart at this stage of his career, just don't see that he will morph back into a good keeper at his age.

5 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Breaking News

Burnley have decided to let  Joe Hart leave the club on a FREE TRANSFER at the end of this month.

............just saying like!

His wages are still the main problem. He’d probably need to take a 50% pay cut for us to be able to afford him.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

His wages are still the main problem. He’d probably need to take a 50% pay cut for us to be able to afford him.

I would say the fact he's crap is the main problem. ?

Sith Happens
29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d tend to agree with you based on his performances at top flight level. Maybe he might look better at this level though?

not for me,  but you never know 

22 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Breaking News

Burnley have decided to let  Joe Hart leave the club on a FREE TRANSFER at the end of this month.

............just saying like!

Also two ex-Rams, Adam Legzdins and Jeff Hendrick.. surprised to see Jeff being released!

24 minutes ago, Ramchope said:

Also two ex-Rams, Adam Legzdins and Jeff Hendrick.. surprised to see Jeff being released!

Dyche has a good Knack of knowing when to let go of players and replace to make his team less predictable each year. I’d love Jeff back but he’d end up playing out of position again. 

Archived