Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

33 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

That's commendable but why wouldn't you just use the money to pay your staff their wages?

Probably because the charitable donation has no bearing on FFP, whereas staff wages dont.

It's more proof that as a club (and owner) we arent skint, but because of rules there isnt much we can do.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Gonna poke the bear here but..

Signing ex England star (on presumably big wages) while you've furloughed non playing staff and not bothering to pay the extra 20%, all the while being investigated by the EFL for recording excessive losses?

Nobody here perplexed by that decision?

Sure we at NFFC will also be lining up transfers, but if you've take a massive paycut and then you see Hat come in for 30/40 grand per week? How would they feel about that.

You filthy creature Dawnie!

(I hope that isn't your pet name for Mrs Dawnie) ?

7 hours ago, enachops said:

Agreed. Hart’s stock is low right now. Despite everything in his career to date, he is Burnley’s 2nd choice keeper, and has been 3rd choice on occasions. Footballers across the world will have to take a severe cut if they are out of contract. I imagine he’d want first team football which we could offer. He’s tried abroad already, Rooney is his mate. It could happen. Wages would be crucial. Would be a great signing though! 

Agree with that and even in a normal football setting I wouldn’t expect to be paying more than £15,000 £20,000  a week for that position in the championship with his experience - maybe bigger bonuses but it’s still an excellent wage

Joe Hart wants to play football week-in, week-out. He did a job for Burnley earlier this season but lost his role to a better keeper. It's not like he badly performed. 

I'd like him to sign for us, but we would really need to talk finances. I imagine that the wage we could likely go up to, even with his realistic expectations, could be underwhelming to him. He would be a good signing for us - he seems like a good character too. 

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Gonna poke the bear here but..

Signing ex England star (on presumably big wages) while you've furloughed non playing staff and not bothering to pay the extra 20%, all the while being investigated by the EFL for recording excessive losses?

Nobody here perplexed by that decision?

Sure we at NFFC will also be lining up transfers, but if you've take a massive paycut and then you see Hat come in for 30/40 grand per week? How would they feel about that.

Nah!  You worry too much!  It'll be fine!  Chill out, bud, before you make yersen poorly.  

Oh... Apart from you going around poking bears!  Now that is a worry.  Even to me!  Remember... "Stay Safe.  Leave Bears Alone"!   

Hart has just lost his way a bit since City. Been a bit harshly treated & lost confidence. He needs a club where he gets a run of games. 

Most of us love Carson but I'm sure when he signed a lot of us thought he was a rubbish signing & not got it anymore 

7 hours ago, rynny said:

Just to add to my previous post

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/04/major-food-donation-made-to-citys-relief-effort-at-pride-park-stadium

£5k quid worth of food, distributed to 10 different food banks, so £500 quid per cause.

Article also confirms staff have been furloughed, yet are still helping out in the relief effort.

I'm sorry, and I know it's derailing the thread, but that's absolutely piss poor.

10 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/04/major-food-donation-made-to-citys-relief-effort-at-pride-park-stadium

£5k quid worth of food, distributed to 10 different food banks, so £500 quid per cause.

Article also confirms staff have been furloughed, yet are still helping out in the relief effort.

I'm sorry, and I know it's derailing the thread, but that's absolutely piss poor.

If it's a one off, yeah.  Piss poor indeed.

If it's going to be a weekly/regular thing... and let's face it, we don't know how long this is going to be dragging on for... it could prove to be highly generous.
Indeed, there may even be other things in the pipeline too, that we haven't yet learned about.

I'd also imagine any staff helping out would be doing just that... helping out, voluntarily.  I believe once furloughed (with or without the missing 20%), they are not allowed to do as much as answer a 'phone, open the office mail, or file an invoice, on behalf of their employer?

On the face of it, you could well be right, but for what it's worth, I'm gonna hang back, and see what time brings.

?

21 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

That's commendable but why wouldn't you just use the money to pay your staff their wages?

21 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Maybe  you should read it again instead of making rash assumptions? I t actually says the club with donate ON  BEHALF of the manager and staff

1 hour ago, TommyPowell said:

Maybe  you should read it again instead of making rash assumptions? I t actually says the club with donate ON  BEHALF of the manager and staff

If that's the case and it came from the players/manager, then the club has offered nothing?

Point I'm trying to make is that if you'd just had been placed on furlough and lesser wages, would you not be somewhat miffed if they signed a washed up keeper like Hart for big money?

31 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

If that's the case and it came from the players/manager, then the club has offered nothing?

Point I'm trying to make is that if you'd just had been placed on furlough and lesser wages, would you not be somewhat miffed if they signed a washed up keeper like Hart for big money?

Not really anything you need concern yourself over, is it?  You're trying to poo-stir before we even know whether the player will be joining us and if he does, what wage he'll be paid. Let's face it, if he's so 'washed-up', why would he be commanding 'big money'? And if he does join us, it'll be after the furlough ends so that's completely irrelevant as well.

Maybe you'd be better off concerning yourself with the dealings of your own club which on the shadiness scale, are off the chart. 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

No

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I imagine every club in the Championship will be looking to pay money to recruit players in the summer. That includes all clubs to have furloughed staff such as yourselves. At this moment in time, this is just a rumour - we may not be interested in the player. Even if we are, who's to say he will be on big money? Free transfer also, so if we pretend it is true and he'll be offered big money, it'll still be cheaper overall than getting someone else in for a few million and on an average wages.

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine every club in the Championship will be looking to pay money to recruit players in the summer. That includes all clubs to have furloughed staff such as yourselves. At this moment in time, this is just a rumour - we may not be interested in the player. Even if we are, who's to say he will be on big money? Free transfer also, so if we pretend it is true and he'll be offered big money, it'll still be cheaper overall than getting someone else in for a few million and on an average wages.

Difference being is NFFC are reportedly covering the added 20%, and not under investigation from the EFL for financial irregularities. But yes, I absolutely agree. All clubs will be looking to recruit in the summer.

I wouldn't want to be the first club to stick their head above the paraphet and complete a multi million pound signing after furloughing staff in March - July.

I didn't mean to turn this into poo stirring as one commentator suggested above, just making an observation.

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Difference being is NFFC are reportedly covering the added 20%, and not under investigation from the EFL for financial irregularities. But yes, I absolutely agree. All clubs will be looking to recruit in the summer.

I wouldn't want to be the first club to stick their head above the paraphet and complete a multi million pound signing after furloughing staff in March - July.

I didn't mean to turn this into poo stirring as one commentator suggested above, just making an observation.

Bet you still sell Carvalho to your chairman's parent club for 13.5 million . Bit strange he's still worth what you paid when he's been set on your bench for 18 months. Not sure how long it will be till that EFL investigation starts .  Next ticket in the queue at the deli counter I reckon.

I think every team he has joined since leaving City he has probably taken a paycut. He clearly wants to play fpptball and is also someone who started out in the football league so i doubt would turn his nose up at it plus we have Rooney. He is on a free which will mean a little more money towards wages imo.

For example, if he was on £25k a week on a 3 year deal, that would cost us £3.9m total. Even 30k a week it would be £4.68m

Can we really get a better and experienced keeper for that much with a combined transfer fee and wage? 25k p/w is the equivalent to buying a keeper for 1.5m on 15k p/w. Or at 30k its a keeper at 2m on 17k p/w. Cant see us getting a keeper as good for that type of fee/wage.

Also, how many times can we use the 32red star player clause? Once a season or once overall? 

Archived