Derby v Wolves - Matchday Relived

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Bugs me how there’s no scoreboard.

I find it funny how they remove all of Sky's branding off the screen but leave the sound effects when a players name, and stats etc comes up on screen

I've struggled a bit with some of the older recordings to identify all of the team - do they always post a tweet with the line-up? 

I wind through the intro so I don't get to hear too much about the game beforehand. 

Cracking game today, though - can't believe how that season unraveled with injuries biting hard. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

I've struggled a bit with some of the older recordings to identify all of the team - do they always post a tweet with the line-up? 

I wind through the intro so I don't get to hear too much about the game beforehand. 

Cracking game today, though - can't believe how that season unraveled with injuries biting hard. 

No, that’s the original tweet from the day of the game. Was pretty easy to find after a quick search.

What a team we had then! I remember when we lost George Thorne to his ACL in pre-season we thought our season was already over, but look at how we played against the Wolves. We were top or near the top at the time. If only Steve didn't jump at the chance to be the most unwanted manager at Newcastle at the same time as a crop of other injuries. We should have walked away with the championship that year. 

Good old Derby If Only County!

Just caught up with this one. Easy to forget what a good player Omar Mascarell was. Probably his best game for us. Technically gifted, good range of passing and quality set piece delivery. The kind of player I like to watch. It was a great team performance as well but that goes without saying. 

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just caught up with this one. Easy to forget what a good player Omar Mascarell was. Probably his best game for us. Technically gifted, good range of passing and quality set piece delivery. The kind of player I like to watch. It was a great team performance as well but that goes without saying. 

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I threw my toys out of my pram at the team selection and booed heartily when we failed to make it 6.

Just to add that touch of match day authenticity you understand ?

12 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If only we could have played like that in March and April 2015!

On 19/04/2020 at 09:20, Steve How Hard? said:

Captain of Shalke now

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Thought I heard his name mentioned in Jayden Bogles STAY INtertoto cup game last night. Good to hear hear he's managed to carve out a decent career for himself. ?

Really decent career, wouldn't know what he's worth in todays money but I think he's worth much more than Hughes/Hendrick which would've been laughable back in the day.

On 18/04/2020 at 19:05, angieram said:

Whilst these are brilliant to watch in these times I find it a bit odd that they do that bit at the start it would be better if they just went straight into the action and did the bit where they talk about it after.

Archived