I bet that you have never seen one of these before

loweman2

As you guys know i believe in sharing these important parts of our clubs great history far and wide not keeping stuff hidden away in secret, its for all of us.

This i believe is the oldest known Derby County programme in existence, look at the date on it, October 2nd 1884 ! how awesome is that ?

It's our 3rd match as Derby County and it was our 2nd away game, the first being the woodsiders Great Lever away at Bolton that we lost 6 nil, then Backburn at the Race Course, lost that by 4 to 3 and then this game Notts County away, who's colours had been similar to ours choc and blue as detailed in the program. We lost that too.

Blackburn was Olympic not Rovers

The first person to score an away goal at Notts County was Amos Smith. If you read match reports he was a bit of a legend in Derby, nickname was "jammer' and actually made more appearances in first season than anyone else, good ratio of goals too 33 games 17 goals.

the research was backed up by my good friend Jason Shardlow AKA the boy of the terrace who i did the shirt book with.

eZy Watermark_18-04-2020_10-10-08am.jpg

eZy Watermark_18-04-2020_10-13-03am.JPG

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant !

We really do need something to put this sort of thing on show for future generations.

We must show the heritage of the club where we came from, what we became and how we are doing now. 

Without an appreciation, respect and understanding of our past we really have no 'real' present or future.  

Com'n Mel spend a few bob and get a proper Derby County Heritage Centre made at the club so we can proudly display our artifacts, such as these and others associated for supporters and visitors alike. 

3 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Brilliant !

We really do need something to put this sort of thing on show for future generations.

We must show the heritage of the club where we came from, what we became and how we are doing now. 

Without an appreciation, respect and understanding of our past we really have no 'real' present or future.  

Com'n Mel spend a few bob and get a proper Derby County Heritage Centre made at the club so we can proudly display our artifacts, such as these and others associated for supporters and visitors alike. 

Bang on @Rab a dab doo ! im sure that there are so many fans out there who would love to see more of this stuff, thats why myself and a few like minded individuals have grouped together to present what we have to people, we were jsut getting started with the project and have set ourselves up as a registered charity and then along came the virus, we have projects lined up, our long term goal is to run alongside the club and for them to recognise us as the proactive face of Derby County preservation, nobody out there is working as hard as us to preserve our history for the future generations, give us a follow on facebook or twitter and keep an eye on our website that is under development at the moment, 

twitter Rams Heritage Trust @RamsHeritage

facebook https://www.facebook.com/ramsheritagetrust

website https://ramsheritagetrust.org/

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

As you guys know i believe in sharing these important parts of our clubs great history far and wide not keeping stuff hidden away in secret, its for all of us.

This i believe is the oldest known Derby County programme in existence, look at the date on it, October 2nd 1884 ! how awesome is that ?

It's our 3rd match as Derby County and it was our 2nd away game, the first being the woodsiders Great Lever away at Bolton that we lost 6 nil, then Backburn at the Race Course, lost that by 4 to 3 and then this game Notts County away, who's colours had been similar to ours choc and blue as detailed in the program. We lost that too.

Blackburn was Olympic not Rovers

The first person to score an away goal at Notts County was Amos Smith. If you read match reports he was a bit of a legend in Derby, nickname was "jammer' and actually made more appearances in first season than anyone else, good ratio of goals too 33 games 17 goals.

the research was backed up by my good friend Jason Shardlow AKA the boy of the terrace who i did the shirt book with.

eZy Watermark_18-04-2020_10-10-08am.jpg

eZy Watermark_18-04-2020_10-13-03am.JPG

Phew , that’s a relief

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I see the Association Cup draw includes Rotherham v "NOTTS. Forest".  Ha Ha!  Always was, always will be! Mwahahahaha!

http://www.nottshistory.org.uk/monographs/nottingham1927/nottingham10.htm

The Notts. County Cricket Ground is in West Bridgford, some 200 or 300 yards on the south side of Trent Bridge, and adjacent thereto is the ground of the Notts Forest Football Club

46 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Wow Derby v Derbyshire County, and the latter is us!!!

There is the proof of the greatest, first and most original “Derby” game ever played ! How dare they suggest it came from lord Derby !

1A98694F-B97B-4BAB-BBFF-C20EF5BE540F.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Archived