Supermarkets are bad towards disabled people

B4ev6is

Well supermarkets are bad towards disabled custmores or people learning differcults or people auriustim that needs careers with them but because 2m rule and my know spail form to say I need my mum and dad with me.

We got my paper work ready in case they want to read it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

I thought you only had to stay 2m from people that you don't live with

yes mate you do.

but some places are tight on it.

I went b&m earlier, and some woman and her kid was queuing , and one of the staff came out and basically told them they can’t go in together and had a right go at them...

I guess it depends on the store

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well supermarkets are bad towards disabled custmores or people learning differcults or people auriustim that needs careers with them but because 2m rule and my know spail form to say I need my mum and dad with me.

Not easy times for you mate, hope you see us bunch of loons on here as a bit of a second family and you can vent a bit as we know your circumstances and we want to help as much as poss?

15 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

They are trying to reduce the amount of people in the stores. Absolutely no reason all 3 need to go to the supermarket. One can get the shopping for all 3 of them. Triples the risk to staff and other shoppers

What about single parents? 

5 hours ago, Squid said:

yes mate you do.

but some places are tight on it.

I went b&m earlier, and some woman and her kid was queuing , and one of the staff came out and basically told them they can’t go in together and had a right go at them...

I guess it depends on the store

That doesn’t make much sense, if they both live together, and arrived in a car together

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

As long as you’ve got your paperwork you should be OK. Have you actually experienced any difficulties or do you just think you will? If it’s the latter then I think you’re criticism is unfair. Generally, the supermarkets (in my experience and from what I’ve heard) and their staff are doing the very best they can. As the saying goes, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. If you have had problems (I’m not just talking about being asked why there is more than one of you) then that is unacceptable.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Just thinking out loud here, so forgive me if I've missed something, but is it "essential" for you to go to the supermarket?  Could mum... or dad, of course... go alone, and do the shopping for the whole household?  

38 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

What about single parents? 

I don’t think anyone has an issue with people doing what they have to do. It’s the people who are flouting the rules to suit themselves making everywhere less safe for all of us 

16 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don’t think anyone has an issue with people doing what they have to do. It’s the people who are flouting the rules to suit themselves making everywhere less safe for all of us 

Must admit, I went to Morrisons yesterday... first time out in 15 days, I hasten to add... and immediately behind me in the queue (well, 2m markings on the floor!) for the checkouts were a couple.  Now I know all is not always as it seems, but they did "appear to be normal"!  Middle aged.  Firm on their feet.  Normal "married couple" conversation.  I did wonder to myself why they were there together, but obviously it's not my place to question it out loud!

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must admit, I went to Morrisons yesterday... first time out in 15 days, I hasten to add... and immediately behind me in the queue (well, 2m markings on the floor!) for the checkouts were a couple.  Now I know all is not always as it seems, but they did "appear to be normal"!  Middle aged.  Firm on their feet.  Normal "married couple" conversation.  I did wonder to myself why they were there together, but obviously it's not my place to question it out loud!

That's the problem - it's not our place to question. But it absolutely is the staff's place to question.

Everyone needs to remember, these people expose themselves to hundreds of people daily, and they aren't armed up with the same PPE that a doctor or nurse is. They will be worried about their health, and anyone who goes to the supermarket without a good reason is placing their health extra risk unnecessarily. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

I absolutely love the new supermarket rules. You coming shopping with me?...can’t love, only 1 allowed in, I’ll stay at home and get ready to open the door for you....don’t forget me beer

The opposite way round for me. Because my wife is deemed at higher risk I have to go on my own now. Not my fault if some things are out of stock (that's my excuse anyway) as long as I've got my red wine all is good. 

But it would be good if there was some logic and reasoning behind these things., instead of fear and stupidity.

what difference would it make to staff risk if the ‘normal’ family couple both took a trolley and kept 2m apart.

None

34 minutes ago, RamNut said:

But it would be good if there was some logic and reasoning behind these things., instead of fear and stupidity.

what difference would it make to staff risk if the ‘normal’ family couple both took a trolley and kept 2m apart.

None

It’s unnecessary ffs. How hard is it for some people to comprehend?  The more people that are in a supermarket, the greater the risk to staff and other shoppers and the harder it is it keep safe distances. 

38 minutes ago, RamNut said:

None

When these rules were first being introduced I went to the supermarket with my girlfriend. We joined the queue and were told we couldn't go in together - my assumption being we could both go in, just not at the same time. When we got to the front we were told one of us would have to wait outside. Her reasoning was if we went together people wouldn't be able to pass us (and stay more than 2m away) when we're stood next to each other.
#1 -  I don't think any aisle is more than 2m wide so people are forced to violate the 2m distance rule.
#2 - Do people actually shop side-by-side with their partner? I can't recall ever doing it myself. If anything we basically do our own shopping but share a trolley and go to the checkout together.
#3 - She was selective in applying this rule. Some couple were let in, others turned away. The same was still happening last weekend.
#4 - If we had queued separately, we both could have gone in.
#5 - As my girlfriend went in by herself she spent an hour in there. If I had gone in with her we would have been back out in less than 20 minutes. Surely 2 people in for 20 minutes is better than 1 person for 3 times as long?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

None

You’ve just been given an excuse why you can’t go shopping and you’re complaining, enjoy it before life goes back to normal and you’re getting dragged around the aisles!

Archived