Rams 74/75

MickD

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great times watching that team play.Some of my all time DCFC heroes in that picture. Serious lump in the throat when we remember we were the champions of England (twice) and were cheated out off being European giants too. Ah well, lets not dwell in the past as i don't have an NG postcode.

72 for me

i’ve heard mcfarland say the 75 team had more flair, which is odd since he only played 4 games. I think people forget that Charlie George wasn’t here then. And the 72 team got a lot more points. 
the real pity is that both of these sides played on a disgraceful pitch. Besides being hard to play on, key players suffered bad injuries - McFarland groin. Nish knee. Newton hip. Hennessy knees. 

On 15/04/2020 at 18:46, MickD said:

I can name everyone for sure but the player front left, is it Charlie George?

image.thumb.png.88de3a93532a167d71e54962d48e1923.png

From...left to right.

Des Anderson, Dave Mackay, Roger Davis, Henry Newton, Sam Longson, Colin Boulton, Roy McFarland, Alan Hinton, Francis Lee, Ron Webster, David Nish, Peter Danial, Colin Todd, Steve Powell, Gordon Guthrie.

Front...Left to right

Rod Thomas, Bruce Rioch, Archie Gemmil, Kevin Hector.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

72 for me

i’ve heard mcfarland say the 75 team had more flair, which is odd since he only played 4 games. I think people forget that Charlie George wasn’t here then. And the 72 team got a lot more points. 
the real pity is that both of these sides played on a disgraceful pitch. Besides being hard to play on, key players suffered bad injuries - McFarland groin. Nish knee. Newton hip. Hennessy knees. 

Clough didn’t help, he had the BBG pitch watered before every game as we were used to playing ankle deep in mud.

The European teams must have loved it.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Cocu would probably have rotated 

It's a joke people!

I’m sure Roger rememberers the game at Stamford Bridge when he dribbled through the whole Chelsea team, round the keeper, Bonnetti?, and fell over on the goal line.

I was there.  ?

Just now, MickD said:

I’m sure Roger rememberers the game at Stamford Bridge when he dribbled through the whole Chelsea team, round the keeper, Bonnetti?, and fell over on the goal line.

I was there.  ?

I'm sure that's available on YouTube, but I tried to find it not long ago without any luck.

Archived