Colonel (was Captain) Tom Moore

David

I know we have our own little fundraiser for Derby City Mission food bank, but Captain Tom Moore, or should I say SIR Captain Tom Moore wanted to raise £350k for the NHS by walking 100 lengths of his garden by his 100th birthday.

He’s now raised over 8 million pounds, what a man ??

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tomswalkforthenhs

(Please don’t turn this political, let’s just appreciate what the man has achieved)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Muckerette just told me about this, so I checked it out, and was just about to link to it in a new thread.  Apparently the original target was a Grand!  

What an absolute legend!  

standing ovation GIF

Was it? The first time I saw it was at 350k, that’s even crazier than I thought. He’s been given a lot of coverage by Piers Morgan on GMB to get going, but still an amazing achievement. One of the feel good stories to come out of this mess

3 minutes ago, David said:

Was it? The first time I saw it was at 350k, that’s even crazier than I thought. He’s been given a lot of coverage by Piers Morgan on GMB to get going, but still an amazing achievement. One of the feel good stories to come out of this mess

Well, according to The Beeb, it was?  But then they state he's "only" reached £4m!  The article is today's date, so if that means it's doubled to £8m during today, this guy is more of a legend than I first had him down as!  ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52278746

30 minutes ago, David said:

I know we have our own little fundraiser for Derby City Mission food bank, but Captain Tom Moore, or should I say SIR Captain Tom Moore wanted to raise £350k for the NHS by walking 100 lengths of his garden by his 100th birthday.

He’s now raised over 8 million pounds, what a man ??

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tomswalkforthenhs

(Please don’t turn this political, let’s just appreciate what the man has achieved)

They should have named one of the Nightingale hospitals after him. I can't imagine any other single person has raised anywhere near that amount.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

They should have named one of the Nightingale hospitals after him. I can't imagine any other single person has raised anywhere near that amount.

I’m sure he will be recognised in some way, maybe his local town, needs to be and whilst he’s still alive to appreciate it. 

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The Duke of Westminster found 12 and a half million down the back of one of his sofas which he donated to the NHS...very kind and much appreciated I’m sure, but he is the worlds richest person under the age of 30.

I watched Tom on Victoria Derbyshire’s programme this morning, the bloke’s an absolute star. ?

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

He’s nearly up to £9m that is two or three million quid this afternoon. 

bloody hell, that's how much chris Martin's salary goes up in 3 or 4 posts on t'football forum

Archived